Affiliation: Johns Hopkins University
- Polymorphisms in the homeobox gene OTX2 may be a risk factor for bipolar disorderSarven Sabunciyan
Stanley Division of Developmental Neurovirology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 144:1083-6. 2007..All individuals with the rs28757218 polymorphism were heterozygous for the allele. Based on this positive case-control association finding, we conclude that variations in OTX2 might confer risk for the development of bipolar disorder...
- DNA methylation signatures within the human brainChristine Ladd Acosta
Center for Epigenetics, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Am J Hum Genet 81:1304-15. 2007..These results were validated for all six genes tested in a replicate set of 57 samples. Our data suggest that DNA methylation signatures distinguish brain regions and may help account for region-specific functional specialization...
- Putative psychosis genes in the prefrontal cortex: combined analysis of gene expression microarraysKwang Ho Choi
Stanley Laboratory of Brain Research, 9800 Medical Center Dr Bldg 2C, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
BMC Psychiatry 8:87. 2008..Bipolar disorder with psychotic features may be closely related to schizophrenia and therefore, psychosis may be an alternative phenotype compared to the traditional diagnosis categories...
- Establishing the baseline level of repetitive element expression in the human cortexSvitlana Tyekucheva
Department of Biostatistics and Computational Biology, Dana Farber CancerInstitute, 450 Brookline Ave, Boston, 02115, USA
BMC Genomics 12:495. 2011..Hence, we performed whole transcriptome sequencing to investigate the expression of repetitive elements in human frontal cortex using postmortem tissue obtained from the Stanley Medical Research Institute...
- No difference in antibody titers against xenotropic MLV related virus in prostate cancer cases and cancer-free controlsSarven Sabunciyan
Stanley Division of Developmental Virology, Department of Pediatrics, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21287, United States
Mol Cell Probes 25:134-6. 2011..No statistically significant differences were observed in immunoreactivity between cases and controls for either the XMRV-env or the XMRV-gag antigen...
- Antibodies to retroviruses in recent onset psychosis and multi-episode schizophreniaFaith Dickerson
The Stanley Research Program at Sheppard Pratt, Baltimore, MD, USA
Schizophr Res 138:198-205. 2012..Immunological abnormalities involving the upregulation of endogenous retroviruses have been associated with schizophrenia in small studies...