Affiliation: Johns Hopkins University
- Investigation of the role of interleukin-6 and hepcidin antimicrobial peptide in the development of anemia with ageBryan J McCranor
Haematologica 98:1633-40. 2013....
- Late stage erythroid precursor production is impaired in mice with chronic inflammationOlivier D Prince
Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Haematologica 97:1648-56. 2012....
- Anemia in frailtyCindy N Roy
Division of Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology, Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 5501 Hopkins Bayview Circle, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Clin Geriatr Med 27:67-78. 2011..The gaps in the evidence base for the treatment of anemia in older adults are reviewed and the options for advancing the field are assessed...
- Investigation of hepcidin in mammalian iron homeostasisCindy Roy; Fiscal Year: 2007..Future work will focus on investigating the role of the hepcidin receptor and its homologs in iron metabolism and the anemia of chronic disease ..
- Mechanisms of anemia of chronic inflammation and aging in mice.CINDY NORENE ROY; Fiscal Year: 2010..The results of this project will guide our search for improved methods of prevention, detection, and treatment of anemia in humans. ..