Jeremy D Richmon
Affiliation: Johns Hopkins University
- Implementation of a TORS program in an academic medical centerJeremy D Richmon
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21287 0910, USA
Laryngoscope 121:2344-8. 2011..Various obstacles exist to efficiently implement this novel surgical technique in a busy academic center. We present our experience to illustrate one approach to initiating a TORS program...
- The relationship between chronic lymphocytic thyroiditis and central neck lymph node metastasis in North American patients with papillary thyroid carcinomaSebastian M Jara
Division of Head and Neck Endocrine Surgery, Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Johns Hopkins University, School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD
Surgery 154:1272-80; discussion 1280-2. 2013..We sought to assess the incidence of central nodal metastasis (CNM) in patients with PTC and concurrent CLT...
- Human papillomavirus status of head and neck cancer as determined in cytologic specimens using the hybrid-capture 2 assayDavid F Smith
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, The Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, United States
Oral Oncol 50:600-4. 2014....
- The effect of transoral robotic surgery on short-term outcomes and cost of care after oropharyngeal cancer surgeryJeremy D Richmon
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland, U S A
Laryngoscope 124:165-71. 2014..With increasing pressure to contain and reduce the costs of medical care, we sought to evaluate the impact of TORS on a national sample of patients undergoing surgery for oropharyngeal cancer...
- Transoral endoscopic surgery: new surgical techniques for oropharyngeal cancerRyan J Li
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Johns Hopkins University, 601 North Caroline Street, JHOC 6th Floor, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Otolaryngol Clin North Am 45:823-44. 2012..This article explores the development of transoral endoscopic surgery, its role in the multidisciplinary treatment of patients with oropharyngeal cancer, and oncologic and functional outcomes...
- Evidence for a role of the PD-1:PD-L1 pathway in immune resistance of HPV-associated head and neck squamous cell carcinomaSofia Lyford-Pike
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center, Baltimore, MD, USA
Cancer Res 73:1733-41. 2013....
- Treatment deintensification strategies for HPV-associated head and neck carcinomasHarry Quon
Department of Radiation Oncology and Molecular Radiation Sciences, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 401 North Broadway, Suite 1440, Baltimore, MD 21231 2410, USA
Otolaryngol Clin North Am 45:845-61. 2012..Alternative strategies may include the use of transoral surgery offering selective use of adjuvant therapy. This article summarizes the contributing risk factors of late swallowing complications and the strategies for risk reduction...
- Head and neck rhabdomyosarcoma: a critical analysis of population-based incidence and survival dataJustin H Turner
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 145:967-73. 2011..To evaluate trends in incidence, survival, and treatment of rhabdomyosarcoma (RMS) of the head and neck...
- Robotic endolaryngeal flexible (Robo-ELF) scope: a preclinical feasibility studyKevin Olds
Engineering Research Center for Computer Integrated Surgery, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Laryngoscope 121:2371-4. 2011..Additionally, because the robot remains stationary when the mouse is not being manipulated, the surgeon can position it and operate bimanually...
- Transoral robotic-assisted thyroidectomy: a preclinical feasibility study in 2 cadaversJeremy D Richmon
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Head Neck 33:330-3. 2011..Use of the robot was also recently published in a transaxillary approach to the thyroid. We hypothesized that the robot in combination with the previously described transoral technique would facilitate this novel surgical approach...