D A Rastegar
Affiliation: Johns Hopkins University
- Survey of physician knowledge regarding antiretroviral medications in hospitalized HIV-infected patientsSaarah Arshad
Infectious Disease Division, Baystate Medical Center Tufts University School of Medicine, Springfield, Massachusetts, USA
J Int AIDS Soc 12:1. 2009..abstract:..
- Antiretroviral medication errors among hospitalized patients with HIV infectionDarius A Rastegar
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Clin Infect Dis 43:933-8. 2006..Previous studies suggest that patients receiving long-term medication are at risk for unintended medication discrepancies at the time of hospital admission...
- A resident clerkship that combines inpatient and outpatient training in substance abuse and HIV careDarius A Rastegar
Division of Chemical Dependence, John Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Subst Abus 25:11-5. 2004..Our experience shows that a rotation combining inpatient and outpatient substance abuse and HIV care was valued by residents and increased their comfort and proficiency with caring for these underserved and stigmatized populations...
- Feedback on assessment of risk and risk reductionDarius A Rastegar
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Centre, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
Med Educ 38:567-8. 2004
- Health care becomes an industryDarius A Rastegar
Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Ann Fam Med 2:79-83. 2004..Although these changes hold the promise of more efficient and effective health care, physicians should be concerned about the resultant loss of autonomy, disruption of continuity of care, and the potential erosion of professional values...
- Highly active antiretroviral therapy outcomes in a primary care clinicD A Rastegar
Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, USA
AIDS Care 15:231-7. 2003..As with previous reports, most patients did not maintain viral suppression. Missed appointment rate was the most important risk factor for treatment failure...
- Experience, expertise, or specialty? Uses and misuses of a referenceDarius A Rastegar
Department of Medicine, The Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
J Fam Pract 51:168. 2002..To analyze systematically the manner in which the results of a published study are presented in subsequent publications that refer to it...
- Five year outcomes of a cohort of HIV-infected injection drug users in a primary care practiceMichael Fingerhood
Division of Chemical Dependence, Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
J Addict Dis 25:33-8. 2006..8%, compared to 25.0% in patients who ever received HAART, p < .001. Our data underscore the high burden of morbidity and mortality associated with HIV infection among IDUs despite the availability of effective treatment...
- What interns talk aboutDarius A Rastegar
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
Med Teach 27:177-9. 2005..Providing housestaff with more opportunities to formally teach each other may improve the educational experience of residency training...
- Treatment completion on an inpatient detoxification unit: impact of a change to sublingual buprenorphine-naloxoneJanet M Soeffing
Center for Chemical Dependence, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 33:401-4. 2007....
- Multicenter implementation of a shared graduate medical education resourceStephen D Sisson
Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Arch Intern Med 167:2476-80. 2007..The internet is a means of sharing education resources among training programs...
- Intentional clonidine patch ingestion by 3 adults in a detoxification unitDavid A Rapko
Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, 4940 Eastern Ave, D4W, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Arch Intern Med 163:367-8. 2003..We report an episode in which 3 normotensive patients each ingested a single 0.1-mg clonidine patch in a detoxification unit...
- Fumbled handoffsDarius A Rastegar
Ann Intern Med 143:542; author reply 542-3. 2005
- Lack of information in naltrexone studyDarius A Rastegar
Arch Gen Psychiatry 64:865; author reply 865. 2007
- Mitochondrial DNA and nucleoside toxicityDarius A Rastegar
N Engl J Med 347:216-8; author reply 216-8. 2002