Zeshaan A Rasheed
Affiliation: Johns Hopkins University
- Biological and clinical relevance of stem cells in pancreatic adenocarcinomaZeshaan A Rasheed
Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21231, USA
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 27:15-8. 2012..This review will discuss the biological and clinical relevance of CSC in pancreatic cancer, and will discuss novel therapeutic strategies to target them...
- Notch signaling pathway targeted therapy suppresses tumor progression and metastatic spread in pancreatic cancerShinichi Yabuuchi
Department of Pathology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Cancer Lett 335:41-51. 2013..In summary, our preclinical data suggest that PF-03084014 has greater anti-tumor activity in combination with gemcitabine in PDA and provides rationale for further investigation of this combination in PDA...
- The gamma secretase inhibitor MRK-003 attenuates pancreatic cancer growth in preclinical modelsMasamichi Mizuma
Departments of Pathology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 11:1999-2009. 2012..Our findings strengthen the rationale for small-molecule inhibition of Notch signaling as a therapeutic strategy in PDAC...
- A combination of DR5 agonistic monoclonal antibody with gemcitabine targets pancreatic cancer stem cells and results in long-term disease control in human pancreatic cancer modelN V Rajeshkumar
Department of Oncology, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21231, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 9:2582-92. 2010..These data provide the rationale to explore the DR5-directed therapies in combination with chemotherapy as a therapeutic option to improve the current standard of care for pancreatic cancer patients...
- Heterogeneity and targeting of pancreatic cancer stem cellsVesselin R Penchev
Department of Oncology and Pathology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Clin Cancer Res 18:4277-84. 2012..In this CCR Focus article, we discuss the potential relationships between different pancreatic CSC populations and strategies to identify novel targeting approaches...
- Concise review: Emerging concepts in clinical targeting of cancer stem cellsZeshaan A Rasheed
The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Stem Cells 29:883-7. 2011..We will review current evidence supporting the role of CSCs in clinical oncology and discuss potential barriers and strategies in designing trials examining CSC-targeting agents...
- Prognostic significance of tumorigenic cells with mesenchymal features in pancreatic adenocarcinomaZeshaan A Rasheed
The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 102:340-51. 2010..Aldehyde dehydrogenase (ALDH) activity can identify tumor-initiating cells and normal stem cells from several human tissues. We examined the prognostic significance and functional features of ALDH expression in pancreatic adenocarcinoma...