Affiliation: Johns Hopkins University
- Genomic signatures and gene networking: challenges and promisesKe Zhang
Department of Pathology, Bioinformatics Core, School of Medicine and Health Sciences, University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, ND 58201, USA
BMC Genomics 12:I1. 2011..We hope this supplement presents the current computational and statistical challenges faced in genomics studies, and shows the enormous promises and opportunities in the genomic future...
- SynaptomeDB: an ontology-based knowledgebase for synaptic genesMehdi Pirooznia
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, MD, USA
Bioinformatics 28:897-9. 2012..However, while the tools and databases available for the annotation of high-throughput DNA and protein are generally robust, a comprehensive resource dedicated to the integration of information about the synapse is lacking...
- Generation, analysis and functional annotation of expressed sequence tags from the sheepshead minnow (Cyprinodon variegatus)Mehdi Pirooznia
School of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
BMC Genomics 11:S4. 2010..Here, we initiated a project to sequence and analyze over 10,000 ESTs generated from the Sheepshead minnow (Cyprinodon variegatus) as a resource for investigating stressor responses...
- Meta-analysis of genetic association studies on bipolar disorderFayaz Seifuddin
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 159:508-18. 2012..The results of this meta-analysis and from other on-going genomic experiments in BP are available online at Metamoodics (http://metamoodics.igm.jhmi.edu)...
- Converging Evidence for Epistasis between ANK3 and Potassium Channel Gene KCNQ2 in Bipolar DisorderJennifer Toolan Judy
Department of Psychiatry, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine Baltimore, MD, USA
Front Genet 4:87. 2013..The interactions between ANK3 and KCNQ2 merit further investigation, and if confirmed, may motivate a new line of research into a novel therapeutic target for BP...
- SVAw - a web-based application tool for automated surrogate variable analysis of gene expression studiesMehdi Pirooznia
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Source Code Biol Med 8:8. 2013..Using SVA increases the biological accuracy and reproducibility of gene expression studies by identifying these sources of heterogeneity and correctly accounting for them in the analysis...
- A hybrid likelihood model for sequence-based disease association studiesYun Ching Chen
Department of Biomedical Engineering and Institute for Computational Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
PLoS Genet 9:e1003224. 2013..05, of which one MAPK signaling pathway (KEGG) reaches trend-level significance after correcting for multiple testing...
- Data mining approaches for genome-wide association of mood disordersMehdi Pirooznia
School of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Psychiatr Genet 22:55-61. 2012..Data mining methods are available that may be applied to analyze the high dimensional data generated by GWAS of complex psychiatric disorders...