Jennifer L Payne
Affiliation: Johns Hopkins University
- Post adoption depressionEve S Fields
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Suite 305, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Arch Womens Ment Health 13:147-51. 2010..Prospective studies are needed to confirm the existence of post adoption depression and the factors associated with it...
- Antidepressant use during pregnancy: current controversies and treatment strategiesJennifer L Payne
Women s Mood Disorders Program, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, 550 N Broadway, Baltimore, MD, USA
Clin Obstet Gynecol 52:469-82. 2009..Individualized treatment recommendations based on the patient's history are essential to optimize outcomes...
- A reproductive subtype of depression: conceptualizing models and moving toward etiologyJennifer L Payne
Department of Psychiatry, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Harv Rev Psychiatry 17:72-86. 2009..This review will provide evidence supporting reproductive depression as a distinct clinical entity with specific treatment approaches and a unique biology that is separate from nonreproductive depression...
- Premenstrual mood symptoms: study of familiality and personality correlates in mood disorder pedigreesJennifer L Payne
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, School of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, 550 N Broadway, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Arch Womens Ment Health 12:27-34. 2009..Limitations include the retrospective interview, the lack of data on premenstrual dysphoric disorder, and the inability to control for factors such as medication use...
- Familial aggregation of postpartum mood symptoms in bipolar disorder pedigreesJennifer L Payne
Department of Psychiatry, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Bipolar Disord 10:38-44. 2008..We sought to determine if postpartum mood symptoms and depressive episodes exhibit familial aggregation in bipolar I pedigrees...
- Antidepressant use in the postpartum period: practical considerationsJennifer L Payne
Department of Psychiatry, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Am J Psychiatry 164:1329-32. 2007
- Reproductive cycle-associated mood symptoms in women with major depression and bipolar disorderJennifer L Payne
Department of Psychiatry, Women s Mood Disorders Center, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, 600 North Wolfe Street Meyer 3 181, Baltimore, MD 21287 7381, United States
J Affect Disord 99:221-9. 2007..We hypothesized that symptoms would correlate with each other across a woman's reproductive life span in both major depression (MDD) and bipolar I disorder (BP)...
- Recent findings on the genetic basis of bipolar disorderJennifer L Payne
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, 600 North Wolfe Street, Meyer 3 181, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Psychiatr Clin North Am 28:481-98, ix. 2005..This article reviews the most recent findings and the emerging picture in the genetics of bipolar disorder...
- Genome-wide linkage and follow-up association study of postpartum mood symptomsPamela Belmonte Mahon
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
Am J Psychiatry 166:1229-37. 2009..The authors then fine-mapped their best linkage regions, assessing single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) for genetic association with postpartum symptoms...
- Incidence, prevalence, and outcomes of depression in residents of a long-term care facility with dementiaJennifer L Payne
Neuropsychiatry Service, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, School of Medicine, The Johns Hopkins University, 600 N Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 17:247-53. 2002..The course of depression in residents of long-term care with dementia is not well studied...
- Pramipexole for bipolar II depression: a placebo-controlled proof of concept studyCarlos A Zarate
Laboratory of Molecular Pathophysiology, Mood and Anxiety Disorders Program, National Institute of Mental Health, National Institute of Health, Department of Human and Health Services, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Biol Psychiatry 56:54-60. 2004..The current study was undertaken as a proof of the concept that dopamine agonists will be effective in patients with bipolar II depression...
- Stabilization of hypomania following initiation of tamoxifenJennifer Teitelbaum Palmer
Am J Psychiatry 165:650-1. 2008
- An open-label trial of riluzole in patients with treatment-resistant major depressionCarlos A Zarate
Laboratory of Molecular Pathophysiology and Experimental Therapeutics and the Pathophysiology Branch, Mood and Anxiety Disorders Program, NIMH, Department of Health and Human Services, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Am J Psychiatry 161:171-4. 2004..This study was conducted to determine the efficacy and safety of riluzole, a glutamate-modulating agent, in patients with recurrent major depression...
- Enhancing neuronal plasticity and cellular resilience to develop novel, improved therapeutics for difficult-to-treat depressionHusseini K Manji
Laboratory of Molecular Pathophysiology, National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 4405, USA
Biol Psychiatry 53:707-42. 2003..The development of novel, nonaminergic-based therapeutics holds much promise for improved treatment of severe, refractory mood disorders...
- Timing is everything: does the robust upregulation of noradrenergically regulated plasticity genes underlie the rapid antidepressant effects of sleep deprivation?Jennifer L Payne
Laboratory of Molecular Pathophysiology, National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1283, USA
Biol Psychiatry 52:921-6. 2002....
- Genetics of Postpartum Depression in Affective DisordersJennifer Payne; Fiscal Year: 2007....