Gary K Ostrander
Affiliation: Johns Hopkins University
- Shark cartilage, cancer and the growing threat of pseudoscienceGary K Ostrander
Department of Biology and Department of Comparative Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21218, USA
Cancer Res 64:8485-91. 2004..Increased use of logical, collaborative discussion will be necessary to ensure a sustainable future for man and the biosphere...
- Rapid transition in the structure of a coral reef community: the effects of coral bleaching and physical disturbanceG K Ostrander
Department of Biology and Division of Comparative Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, 3400 North Charles Street, 237 Mergenthaler Hall, Baltimore, MD 21218, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:5297-302. 2000..The relatively brief time period required for this transition illustrates the dynamic nature of reef communities...
- Establishment, characterization, and viral susceptibility of two cell lines derived from goldfish Carassius auratus muscle and swim bladderLuc Rougée
Kewalo Marine Laboratory, Pacific Biosciences Research Center, University of Hawaii at Manoa, 41 Ahui Street, Honolulu, Hawaii 96813, USA
Dis Aquat Organ 77:127-35. 2007..These newly established cell lines will be used as a diagnostic tool for viral diseases in this fish species and also for the isolation and study of goldfish viruses in the future...
- Hawaii Clinical & Translational Science InstituteGary Ostrander; Fiscal Year: 2006..Accomplishment of these planning phase activities would prepare UH for submission of a competitive full CTSA application for 2007. ..
- Research Outcomes Accelerating Discoveries for Medical Applications and PracticeGary Ostrander; Fiscal Year: 2007..Finally, complementary technical cores are being developed and expanded to achieve greater success in competing for mainstream extramural NIH funding for research and training. ..