KIMBERLY O O'BRIEN
Affiliation: Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Influence of prenatal iron and zinc supplements on supplemental iron absorption, red blood cell iron incorporation, and iron status in pregnant Peruvian womenK O O'Brien
Center for Human Nutrition, The Johns Hopkins School of Hygiene and Public Health, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 69:509-15. 1999..It is estimated that 60% of pregnant women worldwide are anemic...
- Regulation of mineral metabolism from fetus to infant: metabolic studiesK O O'Brien
Center for Human Nutrition, School of Hygiene and Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21205 2179, USA
Acta Paediatr Suppl 88:88-91. 1999..Further studies using stable mineral isotopes during gestation, infancy and childhood will provide additional information on the regulation of mineral absorption and transport during these key periods of growth...
- Bone mineral content in girls perinatally infected with HIVK O O'Brien
Johns Hopkins University Center for Human Nutrition, School of Hygiene and Public Health, Baltimore, MD 21205 2179, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 73:821-6. 2001..Despite these advances, few studies have addressed calcium status and bone growth in HIV-infected children...
- Maternal iron status influences iron transfer to the fetus during the third trimester of pregnancyKIMBERLY O O'BRIEN
Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD 21205 2179, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 77:924-30. 2003..The effect of maternal iron status on fetal iron deposition is uncertain...
- Calcium absorption is significantly higher in adolescents during pregnancy than in the early postpartum periodKIMBERLY O O'BRIEN
Center for Human Nutrition, The Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health, 615 North Wolfe Street, Room 2041, Baltimore, MD 21205 2179, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 78:1188-93. 2003..Early childbearing may limit skeletal consolidation and increase calcium demands in adolescents...
- Vitamin D insufficiency is prevalent among pregnant African American adolescentsLisa McGuire Davis
Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol 23:45-52. 2010..Recent attention has focused on vitamin D insufficiency but few data exist on vitamin D status among pregnant minority youth...