Tammy A Morrish
Affiliation: Johns Hopkins University
- Endonuclease-independent LINE-1 retrotransposition at mammalian telomeresTammy A Morrish
Department of Human Genetics, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0618, USA
Nature 446:208-12. 2007..Thus, we propose that EN(i) retrotransposition is an ancestral mechanism of RNA-mediated DNA repair associated with non-LTR retrotransposons that may have been used before the acquisition of an endonuclease domain...
- Similarities between long interspersed element-1 (LINE-1) reverse transcriptase and telomeraseHuira C Kopera
Department of Human Genetics, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5618, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:20345-50. 2011..Finally, we demonstrate that ORF1p is not strictly required for ENi retrotransposition at dysfunctional telomeres. Thus, these data further highlight similarities between the mechanism of ENi L1 retrotransposition and telomerase...
- DNA repair mediated by endonuclease-independent LINE-1 retrotranspositionTammy A Morrish
Department of Human Genetics, University of Michigan Medical School, 1241 E Catherine Street, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48105 0618, USA
Nat Genet 31:159-65. 2002..Thus, our results suggest that LINE-1s can integrate into DNA lesions, resulting in retrotransposon-mediated DNA repair in mammalian cells...
- Multiple fates of L1 retrotransposition intermediates in cultured human cellsNicolas Gilbert
Department of Human Genetics, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, 48109 0618, USA
Mol Cell Biol 25:7780-95. 2005..Indeed, the initial steps in L1 retrotransposition may define a host/parasite battleground that serves to limit the number of active L1s in the genome...
- A comprehensive analysis of recently integrated human Ta L1 elementsJeremy S Myers
Department of Biological Sciences, Biological Computation and Visualization Center, Louisiana State University, 202 Life Sciences Building, Baton Rouge, LA 70803, USA
Am J Hum Genet 71:312-26. 2002..One hundred fifteen (45%) of the Ta L1 elements were polymorphic with respect to insertion presence or absence and will serve as identical-by-descent markers for the study of human evolution...
- Of man in miceJyoti N Athanikar
Nat Genet 32:562-3. 2002
- Analysis of 5' junctions of human LINE-1 and Alu retrotransposons suggests an alternative model for 5'-end attachment requiring microhomology-mediated end-joiningNora Zingler
Fachgebiet PR2 Retroelemente, Paul Ehrlich Institut, D 63225 Langen, Germany
Genome Res 15:780-9. 2005..The results indicate that a cellular nonhomologous DNA end-joining pathway may resolve intermediates from incomplete L1 retrotransposition events and thus lead to 5' truncations...