Ryan S Miller
Affiliation: Johns Hopkins University
- CREB binding protein (CBP) activation is required for luteinizing hormone beta expression and normal fertility in miceRyan S Miller
Division of Pediatric Endocrinology, Department of Pediatrics, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Mol Cell Biol 32:2349-58. 2012..As CBP can be phosphorylated by other factors, such as insulin, our studies suggest that CBP may act as a key regulator of Lhb expression in the gonadotroph by integrating homeostatic information with GNRH signaling...
- Adipocyte gene expression is altered in formerly obese mice and as a function of diet compositionRyan S Miller
Department of Pediatrics, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
J Nutr 138:1033-8. 2008..Furthermore, there were 398 genes with altered expression in HF mice that persisted in WR mice. Genes with persistently altered expression following obesity may play a role in rebound weight gain following weight reduction...
- Rescue of obesity-induced infertility in female mice due to a pituitary-specific knockout of the insulin receptorKathryn J Brothers
Department of Physiology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Cell Metab 12:295-305. 2010....
- Insulin-like growth factor 1 mediates negative feedback to somatotroph GH expression via POU1F1/CREB binding protein interactionsChristopher J Romero
Division of Pediatric Endocrinology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Mol Cell Biol 32:4258-69. 2012..Our data confirm the inhibitory effects of IGF-1 on GH expression at the level of the promoter and provide evidence of CBP's role as a target of IGF-1R signaling...
- Repression of GLUT4 expression by the endoplasmic reticulum stress response in 3T3-L1 adipocytesRyan S Miller
Department of Pediatrics, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 200 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 362:188-92. 2007..Our studies identify repression of GLUT4 expression as another potential mechanism for obesity-induced activation of the ER stress response to contribute to the insulin resistance of obesity...
- A novel technique for temporally regulated cell type-specific Cre expression and recombination in the pituitary gonadotrophKaruna Naik
Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Mol Endocrinol 37:63-9. 2006..The Balpha/CreTeR mice described here can be used to study the function of virtually any gene in the gonadotroph; in particular, this will be useful in studying genes, which may have distinct roles in development and in the adult...