Nancy H Miller
Affiliation: Johns Hopkins University
- Identification of candidate regions for familial idiopathic scoliosisNancy H Miller
Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 30:1181-7. 2005..A genomic screen and statistical linkage analysis of 202 families with at least two individuals with idiopathic scoliosis was performed...
- Linkage analysis of genetic loci for kyphoscoliosis on chromosomes 5p13, 13q13.3, and 13q32Nancy H Miller
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Institute of Genetic Medicine, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Am J Med Genet A 140:1059-68. 2006....
- Identification of susceptibility loci for scoliosis in FIS families with triple curvesBeth Marosy
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Institute of Genetic Medicine, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Am J Med Genet A 152:846-55. 2010..These regions have been previously linked to FIS, however, this is the first time these regions have been implicated in a clinically well-defined subgroup and may suggest a unique genetic etiology for the formation of a triple curve...
- CHD7 gene polymorphisms and familial idiopathic scoliosisMera K Tilley
Genometrics Section, Inherited Disease Research Branch, National Human Genome Research Institute, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, MD Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, CO and Center for Inherited Disease Research, Institute of Genetic Medicine, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 38:E1432-6. 2013..Model-independent linkage analysis and tests of association were performed for 22 single nucleotide polymorphisms in the CHD7 gene in 244 families of European descent with familial idiopathic scoliosis (FIS)...
- Intra-familial tests of association between familial idiopathic scoliosis and linked regions on 9q31.3-q34.3 and 16p12.3-q22.2Nancy H Miller
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Hum Hered 74:36-44. 2012....
- Idiopathic scoliosis: identification of candidate regions on chromosome 19p13Kris J Alden
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 31:1815-9. 2006..We performed genomic screening, statistical linkage analysis, and fine mapping of 202 families with at least 2 individuals with idiopathic scoliosis...
- Familial idiopathic scoliosis: evidence of an X-linked susceptibility locusCristina M Justice
Genometrics Section, NHGRI, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 28:589-94. 2003..A genomic screen and statistical linkage analysis of a large sample of families with individuals having idiopathic scoliosis was performed...
- Males with familial idiopathic scoliosis: a distinct phenotypic subgroupMark Clough
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 35:162-8. 2010..Statistical analysis of genomic screening and fine mapping data...
- Lack of association between the aggrecan gene and familial idiopathic scoliosisBeth Marosy
Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 31:1420-5. 2006..A study was conducted to determine the potential association between a specific aggrecan gene polymorphism and familial idiopathic scoliosis (FIS)...
- ASH position paper: Adherence and persistence with taking medication to control high blood pressureMartha N Hill
Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing, Baltimore, MD, USA
J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich) 12:757-64. 2010..With hypertension remaining the most common reason for office visits, the time is now...
- FLAIR magnetic resonance image of a pediatric spinal epidermoid cystAnthony M Avellino
Department of Neurological Surgery, University Hospital, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Harvey 811, 600 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Pediatr Neurosurg 36:220-2. 2002
- The role of serial casting in early-onset scoliosis (EOS)David M Baulesh
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, The Children s Hospital, Aurora, CO, USA
J Pediatr Orthop 32:658-63. 2012..Serial casting has demonstrated efficacy for idiopathic early-onset scoliosis (EOS). Results of casting in nonidiopathic (syndromic and congenital) EOS patients have not previously been well described...
- The etiology of adolescent idiopathic scoliosisUri Michael Ahn
New Hampshire Spine Institute, Bedford, USA
Am J Orthop (Belle Mead NJ) 31:387-95. 2002..Most likely, the etiology is multifactorial, and reported associations are links in pathogenesis rather than etiologic factors. Research is needed to better define the role of all factors in AIS development...
- GENETIC ANALYSIS OF FAMILIAL IDIOPATHIC SCOLIOSISNancy Miller; Fiscal Year: 2006..This may allow for earlier limited surgical intervention and avoid long-term bracing which, in many cases, results in an extensive surgical intervention once initial treatment has failed. ..