Richard A Miech
Affiliation: Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Maternal education and adolescent drug use: a longitudinal analysis of causation and selection over a generationRichard Miech
Department of Mental Health, Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, 624 North Broadway, Baltimore, MD 21205 1999, USA
Soc Sci Med 60:725-35. 2005....
- The increase in the association of education and cocaine use over the 1980s and 1990s: evidence for a 'historical period' effectRichard A Miech
Department of Mental Health, Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, 624 North Broadway, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 79:311-20. 2005..Cocaine use joins a growing list of potentially addictive drugs that have become more prevalent in the lower as compared to the upper social strata over historical time...
- Mental health disparities across education and sex: a prospective analysis examining how they persist over the life courseRichard A Miech
Department of Mental Health, Bloomberg School of Public Health, The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci 60:93-8. 2005....
- Trends in the association of poverty with overweight among US adolescents, 1971-2004Richard A Miech
Department of Mental Health, Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
JAMA 295:2385-93. 2006..Whether socioeconomic disparities in adolescent overweight increased, decreased, or remained constant during this period is not known...
- The formation of a socioeconomic disparity: a case study of cocaine and marijuana use in the 1990sRichard Miech
Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Am J Prev Med 32:S171-6. 2007....
- Socioeconomic position and major mental disordersCarles Muntaner
Department of Family and Community Health, School of Nursing, University of Maryland Baltimore, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Epidemiol Rev 26:53-62. 2004
- Church attendance and new episodes of major depression in a community study of older adults: the Cache County StudyMaria C Norton
Department of Family, Consumer and Human Development, Cache County Study on Memory Health and Aging, Utah State University, 4440 Old Main Hill, Logan, UT 84322 4440, USA
J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci 63:P129-37. 2008..28-0.92). Results suggest that there may be a threshold of church attendance that is necessary for a person to garner long-term protection from depression. We discuss sociological factors relevant to LDS culture...
- Social Status and Psychopathology over the Life CourseRichard Miech; Fiscal Year: 2003..In turn, the analysis will also examine ways in which age conditions the association between these mediators and psychopathology. ..
- The Growing Disparity in Illegal Drug Use Across Socioeconomic StrataRichard Miech; Fiscal Year: 2009..Results from this project will inform policy and intervention programs aimed at reducing the prevalence of illegal drug use across all socioeconomic strata. ..