Affiliation: Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Income inequality, illiteracy rate, and life expectancy in BrazilErick Messias
Bloomberg School of Public Health, The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
Am J Public Health 93:1294-6. 2003..This study assesses the relationship between income disparities and life expectancy in Brazil and measures the impact of illiteracy rates on the association...
- Season of birth and schizophrenia in Northeast Brazil: relationship to rainfallErick Messias
School of Medicine, Federal University of Ceara, Fortaleza CE, Brazil
J Nerv Ment Dis 194:870-3. 2006..03) and 4 months (p = 0.01) later. This study corroborates findings of a significant seasonality in schizophrenia births in northeast Brazil...
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs for the prevention of Alzheimer's disease: a systematic reviewChristine A Szekely
Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Neuroepidemiology 23:159-69. 2004..The purpose of this meta-analysis is to summarize and evaluate available evidence regarding exposure to nonaspirin NSAIDs and risk of Alzheimer's disease using meta-analyses of published studies...
- Summer birth and deficit schizophrenia: a pooled analysis from 6 countriesErick Messias
Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 61:985-9. 2004..In some reports, summer birth has been associated with deficit schizophrenia. Deficit schizophrenia and nondeficit schizophrenia also differ in several other ways...
- Suspiciousness and alcohol use disorders in schizophreniaErick Messias
Preventive Medicine Residency Program, Bloomberg School of Public Health, Department of Mental Hygiene, Johns Hopkins University, Hygiene Building Room WB 608, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 191:387-90. 2003..Further studies should attempt to investigate the temporal relationship between suspiciousness and alcohol problems. Interventions that address suspiciousness may decrease the risk of alcohol problems in this population...
- Comorbidity of medical illnesses among adults with serious mental illness who are receiving community psychiatric servicesJoseph Sokal
Department of Psychiatry, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 192:421-7. 2004..The odds of diabetes, lung diseases, and liver problems are particularly elevated. These findings underscore the need for intensified preventive health interventions and medical services for this population...
- A comparison of type 2 diabetes outcomes among persons with and without severe mental illnessesLisa B Dixon
Department of Psychiatry, University of Maryland School of Medicine, 685 West Baltimore Street, MSTF 300, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
Psychiatr Serv 55:892-900. 2004....
- Schizoid-like features and season of birth in a nonpatient sampleBrian Kirkpatrick
Department of Psychiatry and Health Behavior, Medical College of Georgia, 997 St Sebastian Way, 1515 Pope Av, Augusta, GA, USA
Schizophr Res 103:151-5. 2008....