Affiliation: Johns Hopkins University
- Simple outpatient postoperative analgesia using an orbital catheter after enucleationShannath L Merbs
The Wilmer Eye Institute, and the Department of Ophthalmology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 122:349-52. 2004..To evaluate an indwelling orbital catheter, placed at enucleation, for repeatable delivery of local anesthetic on an outpatient basis...
- A novel methyl-binding domain protein enrichment method for identifying genome-wide tissue-specific DNA methylation from nanogram DNA samplesVerity F Oliver
Department of Ophthalmology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 600 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Epigenetics Chromatin 6:17. 2013..Here we present a technique that enables characterization of genome-wide tissue-specific methylation patterns from nanogram quantities of DNA...
- Relationship between immediate post-operative appearance and 6-week operative outcome in trichiasis surgeryShannath L Merbs
Department of Ophthalmology, Wilmer Eye Institute, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 6:e1718. 2012..However, the immediate post-operative appearance that minimizes the chance of recurrence and other adverse outcomes has not been investigated...
- Cell-specific DNA methylation patterns of retina-specific genesShannath L Merbs
Department of Ophthalmology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e32602. 2012..Furthermore, these cell-specific patterns suggest that DNA methylation may play an important role in modulating photoreceptor gene expression in the developing mammalian retina...
- Management of a blind painful eyeShannath L Merbs
Wilmer Eye Institute, 600 North Wolfe Street, Maumenee 505, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Ophthalmol Clin North Am 19:287-92. 2006..This article reviews a range of options for management of blind painful eye from anesthesia to enucleation...
- Pattern of recurrence of trachomatous trichiasis after surgery surgical technique as an explanationShannath L Merbs
Wilmer Eye Institute, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Ophthalmology 112:705-9. 2005..To evaluate the pattern of recurrence of trachomatous trichiasis (TT) after bilamellar tarsal rotation surgery for trachoma...
- Use of porous polyethylene with embedded titanium in orbital reconstruction: a review of 106 patientsDaniel C Garibaldi
The Wilmer Eye Institute, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 23:439-44. 2007..To evaluate our initial experience with a porous polyethylene implant with embedded titanium in orbital reconstruction...
- New corticosteroid-eluting porous polyethylene implant for the management of lower eyelid retraction: a pilot studyDaniel C Garibaldi
The Wilmer Eye Institute, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 22:424-9. 2006..We designed a pPE corticosteroid-eluting implant and evaluated its characteristics in vitro and in vivo...
- Resection of an orbital lymphangioma with the aid of an intralesional liquid polymerAmit D Malhotra
Russell H Morgan Department of Radiology, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 26:2630-4. 2005..The mixture caused the injected lobules to assume a firm, rubbery texture, allowing them to be excised without bleeding...
- Smooth nylon foil (SupraFOIL) orbital implants in orbital fractures: a case series of 181 patientsD J John Park
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 24:266-70. 2008..The authors report their experience with smooth nylon foil implants in the repair of orbital fractures...
- Pangenomic Analysis of DNA Methylation Marks in Glaucoma and Macular DegenerationShannath Merbs; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Pangenomic Analysis of DNA Methylation Marks in Glaucoma and Macular DegenerationShannath L Merbs; Fiscal Year: 2010....