Mara A McAdams Demarco
Affiliation: Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Frailty and falls among adult patients undergoing chronic hemodialysis: a prospective cohort studyMara A McAdams-Demarco
Department of Surgery, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
BMC Nephrol 14:224. 2013..We hypothesized that insights derived from studies of the elderly might apply to adults of all ages undergoing hemodialysis; we focused on frailty, a phenotype of physiological decline strongly associated with falls in the elderly...
- Risk factors for incident hyperuricemia during mid-adulthood in African American and White men and women enrolled in the ARIC cohort studyMara A McAdams-Demarco
Department of Epidemiology, Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health, 2024 E, Monument St, Suite B 319, Baltimore, MD, USA
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 14:347. 2013..The goal of this study was to identify risk factors for incident hyperuricemia over 9 years in a population-based study, ARIC...
- A urate gene-by-diuretic interaction and gout risk in participants with hypertension: results from the ARIC studyMara A McAdams-Demarco
Department of Epidemiology, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 2024 E Monument St, Suite B 319, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Ann Rheum Dis 72:701-6. 2013..To test for a urate gene-by-diuretic interaction on incident gout...
- Hypertension and the risk of incident gout in a population-based study: the atherosclerosis risk in communities cohortMara A McAdams-Demarco
From the Department of Epidemiology, Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich) 14:675-9. 2012..82). Hypertension was independently associated with increased gout risk in middle-aged African American and white adults. Serum urate level may be a partial intermediate on the pathway between hypertension and gout...
- Diuretic use, increased serum urate levels, and risk of incident gout in a population-based study of adults with hypertension: the Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities cohort studyMara A McAdams Demarco
Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Arthritis Rheum 64:121-9. 2012..To quantify the role of diuretic use in gout development in an adult population with hypertension...
- Hypertension status, treatment, and control among spousal pairs in a middle-aged adult cohortMara McAdams DeMarco
Department of Epidemiology, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Am J Epidemiol 174:790-6. 2011..Physicians may target hypertension education and prevention to spouses as a pair rather than as 2 separate patients...
- Obesity and younger age at gout onset in a community-based cohortMara A McAdams DeMarco
Johns Hopkins University, 2024 East Monument Street, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 63:1108-14. 2011..We examined whether obesity is related to age at gout onset and quantified the risk of incident gout by obesity status in the Campaign Against Cancer and Heart Disease (CLUE II) study, a longitudinal community-based cohort...
- Incident gout in women and association with obesity in the Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities (ARIC) StudyJanet W Maynard
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Am J Med 125:717.e9-717.e17. 2012..We hypothesized that women with early- and mid-adult life obesity, as well as high mid-adult life waist-to-hip ratios, and high weight gain during adulthood, experience a greater incidence of gout...
- Recipient age and time spent hospitalized in the year before and after kidney transplantationMorgan E Grams
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Transplantation 94:750-6. 2012..We estimate the relative increase in time spent hospitalized in the year post-KT for older versus younger end-stage renal disease patients...