Debra J H Mathews
Affiliation: Johns Hopkins University
- Deep brain stimulation, personal identity and policyDebra J H Mathews
Berman Institute of Bioethics, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Int Rev Psychiatry 23:486-92. 2011..As such, understanding patients' and caregivers' conceptions of personal identity in the context of disease and treatment is important not only for the informed consent process, but also for questions of public policy...
- Access to stem cells and data: persons, property rights, and scientific progressDebra J H Mathews
Johns Hopkins Berman Institute of Bioethics, Deering Hall, 208, 1809 Ashland Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Science 331:725-7. 2011....
- Pluripotent stem cell-derived gametes: truth and (potential) consequencesDebra J H Mathews
Berman Institute of Bioethics, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Cell Stem Cell 5:11-4. 2009..We discuss the state of the science and the potential social implications and offer recommendations for addressing some of the ethical and policy issues that would be raised by the availability of stem cell-derived gametes...
- Promoting justice in stem cell intellectual propertyAlan Regenberg
Johns Hopkins Berman Institute of Bioethics, 1809 Ashland Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Regen Med 6:79-84. 2011....
- Opinions about new reproductive genetic technologies: hopes and fears for our genetic futureAndrea L Kalfoglou
Genetics and Public Policy Center, Phoebe R Berman Bioethics Institute, Johns Hopkins University, Washington, DC 20036, USA
Fertil Steril 83:1612-21. 2005....
- Science and law. Integrity in international stem cell research collaborationsDebra J H Mathews
Phoebe R. Berman Bioethics Institute, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Science 313:921-2. 2006
- The role of animal models in evaluating reasonable safety and efficacy for human trials of cell-based interventions for neurologic conditionsAlan Regenberg
Johns Hopkins Berman Institute of Bioethics, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 29:1-9. 2009..The goal of this paper is to provide a realistic lens for viewing the role of animal models in the context of CBI-NCs and to provide recommendations for moving forward through this challenging terrain...
- Scientific and ethical issues related to deep brain stimulation for disorders of mood, behavior, and thoughtPeter Rabins
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 66:931-7. 2009....