Genomes and Genes
J A Mahoney
Affiliation: Johns Hopkins University
- Cloning and characterization of CPVL, a novel serine carboxypeptidase, from human macrophagesJ A Mahoney
Sir William Dunn School of Pathology, University of Oxford, South Parks Road, Oxford, OX1 3RE, United Kingdom
Genomics 72:243-51. 2001..Possible functions for CPVL in macrophages include digestion of phagocytosed particles in the lysosome, participation in an inflammatory protease cascade, and trimming of peptides for antigen presentation...
- The human homologue of the yeast polyubiquitination factor Ufd2p is cleaved by caspase 6 and granzyme B during apoptosisJames A Mahoney
Department of Medicine, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 720 Rutland Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Biochem J 361:587-95. 2002..Cleavage of UFD2 by caspases or granzyme B within this putative regulatory N-terminal domain might have important functional consequences within the apoptotic cascade...
- Recurrent transverse myelitis associates with anti-Ro (SSA) autoantibodiesL K Hummers
Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Neurology 62:147-9. 2004..Antibodies to 52-kd Ro were demonstrated in 77% of cases (10/13) compared with only 33% of control subjects (4/12)...
- Soluble CD154 is not associated with atherosclerosis in systemic lupus erythematosusAdnan Kiani
Division of Rheumatology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 20852, USA
J Rheumatol 34:969-72. 2007..We determined the association of sCD154 with coronary calcium and carotid plaque at the baseline visit of the Lupus Atherosclerosis Prevention Study...
- The MPAC domain is a novel mitotically regulated domain, removed by apoptotic protease cleavage during cell deathSarah Spinette
Department of Medicine, Division of Rheumatology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 347:1103-12. 2006....
- Dynamic O-glycosylation of nuclear and cytosolic proteins: further characterization of the nucleocytoplasmic beta-N-acetylglucosaminidase, O-GlcNAcaseLance Wells
Department of Biological Chemistry and Medicine, The Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Biol Chem 277:1755-61. 2002..These studies support the identification of this protein as an O-GlcNAcase and identify important interactions and modifications that may regulate the enzyme and O-GlcNAc cycling...
- Ufd2, a novel autoantigen in scleroderma, regulates sister chromatid separationSarah Spinette
Department of Medicine Division of Rheumatology Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
Cell Cycle 3:1638-44. 2004..Its targeting in scleroderma, together with many other components of the mitotic machinery, reinforces the concept that mitotic cells may be an important focus of the autoimmune response in this disease...
- Asymmetric dimethylarginine is a marker of poor prognosis and coronary calcium in systemic lupus erythematosusAdnan N Kiani
Division of Rheumatology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Rheumatol 34:1502-5. 2007..To determine the association of serum asymmetric dimethylarginine (ADMA) with clinical features, laboratory tests, treatment, cardiovascular risk factors, and subclinical atherosclerosis in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)...
- A vitellogenic-like carboxypeptidase expressed by human macrophages is localized in endoplasmic reticulum and membrane rufflesJames Harris
Sir William Dunn School of Pathology, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
Int J Exp Pathol 87:29-39. 2006..We propose that CPVL may be involved in antigen processing, the secretory pathway and/or in actin remodelling and lamellipodium formation...
- Immunophenotyping of macrophages in human pulmonary tuberculosis and sarcoidosisLee Anne Stanton
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Tygerberg Medical School University of Stellenbosch, Tygerberg, South Africa
Int J Exp Pathol 84:289-304. 2003..These studies provide new marker antigens and extend previous studies on MØ differentiation, activation and local interactions in chronic human granulomatous inflammation in the lung...