P W Ladenson
Affiliation: Johns Hopkins University
- Strategies for thyrotropin use to monitor patients with treated thyroid carcinomaP W Ladenson
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Thyroid 9:429-33. 1999..Physicians should consider patients' pretest probability of disease in deciding whether and how often to perform rTSH-stimulated testing after primary treatment for thyroid carcinoma...
- American Thyroid Association guidelines for detection of thyroid dysfunctionP W Ladenson
The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287 0003, USA
Arch Intern Med 160:1573-5. 2000..To define the optimal approach to identify patients with thyroid dysfunction...
- The impact of age and gender on papillary thyroid cancer survivalJ Jonklaas
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20007, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 97:E878-87. 2012..Thyroid cancer predominately affects women, carries a worse prognosis in older age, and may have higher mortality in men. Superimposed on these observations is the fact that most women have attained menopause by age 55 yr...
- Practical application of recombinant thyrotropin testing in clinical practiceP W Ladenson
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287-0003, USA
Endocr Pract 7:195-201. 2001..CONCLUSION: Radioiodine scanning and serum thyroglobulin measurement after intramuscular injection of rTSH are valuable new monitoring options in patients with treated thyroid cancer, avoiding the adverse effects of hypothyroidism...
- Optimal laboratory testing for diagnosis and monitoring of thyroid nodules, goiter, and thyroid cancerP W Ladenson
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287 4904, USA
Clin Chem 42:183-7. 1996..Periodic serum Tg measurements and 131I scans are complementary monitoring techniques. Serum calcitonin measurement and screening for ret protooncogene mutations are both valuable for identifying individuals with MTC...
- Effects of the thyromimetic agent diiodothyropropionic acid on body weight, body mass index, and serum lipoproteins: a pilot prospective, randomized, controlled studyP W Ladenson
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, John Hopkins University, 1830 East Monument Street, Suite 333, Baltimore, Maryland 21287 0003, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:1349-54. 2010..However, DITPA's adverse effects at doses used resulted in a high dropout rate and potentially dangerous skeletal actions were observed...