Affiliation: Johns Hopkins University
- Measuring injury risk factors: question reliability in a statewide sampleJ Koziol-Mclain
School of Nursing, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21205 2110, USA
Inj Prev 6:148-50. 2000..Questions addressed bicycle helmet use, traffic crashes, exposure to violence, suicidal behavior, and gun storage...
- Seeking care for nonurgent medical conditions in the emergency department: through the eyes of the patientJ Koziol-Mclain
Emergency Department, University of Colorado Hospital, Denver, USA
J Emerg Nurs 26:554-63. 2000..The purpose of this study was to gain an understanding of the context in which patients choose to seek health care in an emergency department. Human science provided the framework for this exploratory descriptive research study...
- Predictive validity of a screen for partner violence against womenJ Koziol-Mclain
School of Nursing, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Am J Prev Med 21:93-100. 2001..The purpose of this study was to test the ability of a brief three-question violence screen to predict violence against women in the ensuing months...
- Drugs and traffic crash responsibility: a study of injured motorists in ColoradoS R Lowenstein
Division of Emergency Medicine, Department of Surgery, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, 4200 E 9th Avenue, Box B215, Denver, CO 80262, USA
J Trauma 50:313-20. 2001..The objectives of this study are to determine the prevalence of recent drug use among drivers injured in traffic crashes, and to determine the extent to which drugs are responsible for crashes...
- Health care providers' missed opportunities for preventing femicideP W Sharps
Johns Hopkins University of School of Nursing, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Prev Med 33:373-80. 2001..The purpose of this analysis of a larger multisite study was to describe health care use in the year prior to murder of women by their intimate partner in order to identify opportunities for intervention to prevent femicide...