Maria Deloria Knoll
Affiliation: Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Identification and selection of cases and controls in the Pneumonia Etiology Research for Child Health projectMaria Deloria-Knoll
International Vaccine Access Center, Department of International Health, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Clin Infect Dis 54:S117-23. 2012..For each issue, we present the options that were considered, the advantages and disadvantages of each, the rationale for the methods selected for PERCH, and remaining implications and limitations...
- Standardizing surveillance of pneumococcal diseaseMaria Deloria Knoll
GAVI Alliance s Pneumococcal Vaccines Accelerated Development and Introduction Plan, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Clin Infect Dis 48:S37-48. 2009..To facilitate comparisons of surveillance data among countries, investigators of Pneumococcal Vaccines Accelerated Development and Introduction Plan-sponsored projects have developed standard case definitions and data reporting methods...
- Effect of zinc and vitamin A supplementation on antibody responses to a pneumococcal conjugate vaccine in HIV-positive injection drug users: a randomized trialMaria Deloria-Knoll
National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Bethesda, MD, USA
Vaccine 24:1670-9. 2006..Geometric mean titer increased 1.3-3.3-fold for all pneumococcal serotypes. PC-7 elicited an immune response in HIV-infected adults but neither vitamin A nor zinc altered the immunogenicity of the evaluated vaccines...
- Global status of Haemophilus influenzae type b and pneumococcal conjugate vaccines: evidence, policies, and introductionsOrin S Levine
Department of International Health, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, International Vaccine Access Center, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Curr Opin Infect Dis 23:236-41. 2010..This study reviews the status of vaccine use globally and the evidence base that supports policy recommendations for use of these vaccines in children...
- A policy framework for accelerating adoption of new vaccinesOrin S Levine
International Vaccine Access Center, Department of International Health, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD, USA
Hum Vaccin 6:1021-4. 2010..It highlights the important roles of different actors at various times in the process and may allow new vaccine initiatives to save time and improve their efficiency by anticipating key steps and actions...
- Enhanced diagnosis of pneumococcal meningitis with use of the Binax NOW immunochromatographic test of Streptococcus pneumoniae antigen: a multisite studyJennifer C Moïsi
GAVI Alliance s PneumoADIP, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 615 N Wolfe St, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Clin Infect Dis 48:S49-56. 2009..Cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) culture and latex agglutination testing are currently the standard diagnostic methods but lack sensitivity...
- Effect of cocaine use on coronary calcium among black adults in Baltimore, MarylandShenghan Lai
Department of Epidemiology, Johns Hopkins School of Hygiene and Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Am J Cardiol 90:326-8. 2002
- Neurologic symptoms associated with raising poultry and swine among participants in the Agricultural Health StudyMeghan F Davis
Department of Environmental Health Sciences, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 615 N Wolfe St, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
J Occup Environ Med 53:190-5. 2011..In this cross-sectional analysis of data from the Agricultural Health Study, we tested whether swine and poultry exposure were associated with increased prevalence of GBS-like neurologic symptoms...
- HIV, syphilis, hepatitis C and risk behaviours among commercial sex male clients in Sichuan province, ChinaCui Yang
Department of Epidemiology, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 2213 McElderry Street, 2nd Floor, Baltimore 21205, USA
Sex Transm Infect 86:559-64. 2010..The risk factors for prevalent syphilis infection are also examined...
- Peer norms and consistent condom use with female sex workers among male clients in Sichuan province, ChinaCui Yang
Department of Health, Behavior and Society, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD, USA
Soc Sci Med 71:832-9. 2010....
- Condom use with female sex workers among male clients in Sichuan Province, China: the role of interpersonal and venue-level factorsCui Yang
Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD, USA
J Urban Health 87:292-303. 2010..The present study findings underscore the need for comprehensive HIV prevention approaches that integrate individual, interpersonal, and venue-level factors to reduce HIV risk behaviors among CSMCs in China...
- Tuberculin testing to detect latent tuberculosis in developing countriesKenrad Nelson
Johns Hopkins School of Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Epidemiology 18:348-9. 2007..The evidence from the Guinea-Bissau study suggests that a history of BCG vaccination should not be an obstacle to the diagnosis and treatment of latent tuberculosis...
- Maternal thyroid autoantibodies during the third trimester and hearing deficits in children: an epidemiologic assessmentEllen E Wasserman
Department of Epidemiology, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD
Am J Epidemiol 167:701-10. 2008..These data suggest that antenatal exposure to maternal TPOaAb during the third trimester of pregnancy is associated with impaired auditory development...
- Progression of liver fibrosis among injection drug users with chronic hepatitis CLucy E Wilson
Division of Infectious Diseases, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21231 1002, USA
Hepatology 43:788-95. 2006..In this setting with low fibrosis prevalence, FibroSURE, ALT, and APRI tests predict insignificant fibrosis; however, further work is needed to find noninvasive markers of significant liver fibrosis...
- The emerging HIV/AIDS epidemic in GeorgiaAlexander Tkeshelashvili-Kessler
Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, Emory University School of Medicine, 69 Jesse Hill Jr Dr, Atlanta, GA, USA
Int J STD AIDS 16:61-7. 2005..However, it is also a country with a unique window of opportunity for limiting the spread of HIV...
- Hepatitis C virus (HCV) core antigen assay to detect ongoing HCV infection in thai injection drug usersDale M Netski
Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland
J Clin Microbiol 42:1631-6. 2004..Reproducibility, low technical requirements, and high throughput should make this assay useful for clinical or research monitoring of HCV levels during active infection...
- Pneumocystis jiroveci pneumonia in patients with AIDS in the inner city: a persistent and deadly opportunistic infectionIldefonso Tellez
Department of Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30303, USA
Am J Med Sci 335:192-7. 2008..Our findings suggest that despite the availability of HAART, PCP continues to cause a significant burden of disease among inner-city HIV-infected populations...