Mouen A Khashab
Affiliation: Johns Hopkins University
- Khan M, Kumbhari V, Ngamruengphong S, Ismail A, Chen Y, Chavez Y, et al. Is POEM the Answer for Management of Spastic Esophageal Disorders? A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Dig Dis Sci. 2017;62:35-44 pubmed publisher..There was no difference in safety of POEM among individual SEDs. POEM is an effective and safe therapeutic modality for the treatment of spastic esophageal disorders. ..
- Saxena P, Khashab M. Endoscopic Management of Esophageal Perforations: Who, When, and How?. Curr Treat Options Gastroenterol. 2017;15:35-45 pubmed publisher..If the perforation is associated with a mediastinal collection, drainage is mandatory and can be done via CT-guided percutaneous drainage, surgery, or endoscopic vacuum therapy. ..
- Ngamruengphong S, Inoue H, Ujiki M, Patel L, Bapaye A, Desai P, et al. Efficacy and Safety of Peroral Endoscopic Myotomy for Treatment of Achalasia After Failed Heller Myotomy. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2017;15:1531-1537.e3 pubmed publisher..Although the rate of clinical success in patients with prior HM is lower than in those without prior HM, the safety profile of POEM is comparable between groups. ..
- Chen Y, Kunda R, Storm A, Aridi H, Thompson C, Nieto J, et al. EUS-guided gastroenterostomy: a multicenter study comparing the direct and balloon-assisted techniques. Gastrointest Endosc. 2017;: pubmed publisher..The direct technique may be the preferred method given its shorter procedure time when compared with balloon-assisted approach. Prospective trials are needed to confirm these findings. ..
- Benias P, Khashab M. Gastric Peroral Endoscopic Pyloromyotomy Therapy for Refractory Gastroparesis. Curr Treat Options Gastroenterol. 2017;15:637-647 pubmed publisher..Summary We believe that with proper patient selection, G-POEM will become a powerful tool for gastroenterologists managing this chronic debilitating disease. ..
- Brewer Gutierrez O, Bekkali N, Raijman I, Sturgess R, Sejpal D, Aridi H, et al. Efficacy and Safety of Digital Single-Operator Cholangioscopy for Difficult Biliary Stones. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2018;16:918-926.e1 pubmed publisher..Fewer than 5% of patients require additional treatment with surgery and/or extracorporeal shockwave lithotripsy to clear the duct. ..