Affiliation: Johns Hopkins University
- Managing pediatric hepatitis C: current and emerging treatment optionsWikrom Karnsakul
Pediatric Liver Center, Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Ther Clin Risk Manag 5:651-60. 2009..In this article, recent improvements in therapy of children with CHC and in the clinical development of new emerging drugs with potential use in children will be reviewed...
- Isolated positive anti-gliadin immunoglobin-A antibody in children with gastrointestinal symptomsWikrom Karnsakul
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Pediatrics, Baltimore, USA
Turk J Gastroenterol 23:485-9. 2012..Children with a chronic history of vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea, or constipation in the outpatient clinic were evaluated for celiac disease...
- Living donor liver transplantation in children: a single North American center experience over two decadesW Karnsakul
Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Department of Pediatrics, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD, USA
Pediatr Transplant 16:486-95. 2012..All 53 donors survived, and only 10% had complications requiring hospitalization. LDLT in children results in excellent outcomes for patients and donors. Ways to lower costs and maximize graft outcome should be investigated...
- Obesity and reversed growth retardation in a child with type Ia glycogen storage diseaseWikrom Karnsakul
Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 23:507-12. 2010..The phenomenon may be related to insulin resistance as a consequence of early aggressive nutrition therapy with frequent low glycemic index meals...
- Evaluation of gastrointestinal pathology and treatment in children with suspected biliary dyskinesiaWikrom Karnsakul
Division of Pediatrics Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Department of Pediatrics, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Brady 320, 600 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Pediatr Surg Int 27:1307-12. 2011..The study aims were to review pathology of GI tract in children with acalculous biliary-type abdominal pain and to evaluate the pain improvement after a 2-week trial of proton pump inhibitor (PPI) and laparoscopic cholecystectomy (LC)...
- Idiopathic non-hypertrophic pyloric stenosis in an infant successfully treated via endoscopic approachWikrom Karnsakul
Wikrom Karnsakul, Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, United State
World J Gastrointest Endosc 2:413-6. 2010....
- Food refusal as an unusual presentation in a toddler with duodenal webWikrom Karnsakul
Department of Pediatrics, West Virginia University School of Medicine, Morgantown, 26506 9214, USA
Clin Pediatr (Phila) 48:81-3. 2009..The finding of duodenal web with a central aperture was unexpected but explains the mild degree of her gastrointestinal symptoms...
- Anterior pituitary hormone effects on hepatic functions in infants with congenital hypopituitarismWikrom Karnsakul
Department of Pediatrics, Section of Gastroenterology and Nutrition, West Virginia University School of Medicine, Morgantown, WV 26506 9214, USA
Ann Hepatol 6:97-103. 2007..Congenital hypopituitarism is an uncommon cause of neonatal cholestasis. Little is known about the effect of anterior pituitary hormone on hepatic functions...