Genomes and Genes
Baktiar O Karim
Affiliation: Johns Hopkins University
- Cytomorphologic differentiation of benign and malignant mammary tumors in fine needle aspirate specimens from irradiated female Sprague-Dawley ratsBaktiar O Karim
Department of Molecular and Comparative Pathobiology, John Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Vet Clin Pathol 37:229-36. 2008..However, few studies have been published regarding the cytopathology of mammary tumors in rats despite widespread use of the rat model for breast cancer formation and inhibition...
- Chemoprevention utility of silibinin and Cdk4 pathway inhibition in Apc(-/+) miceBaktiar O Karim
Department of Molecular and Comparative Pathobiology, The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
BMC Cancer 13:157. 2013..Cdk4 pathway alterations have been linked to a number of cancers including CRC. In these experiments we focused on the Cdk4 pathway and its role in intestinal tumorigenesis as a possible target in chemoprevention strategies...
- Telomere fusion to chromosome breaks reduces oncogenic translocations and tumour formationLing Qi
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Nat Cell Biol 7:706-11. 2005..We propose that telomere fusion to DNA double-strand breaks competes with the generation of oncogenic translocations and thus reduces tumour formation...
- Estrous cycle and ovarian changes in a rat mammary carcinogenesis model after irradiation, tamoxifen chemoprevention, and agingBaktiar O Karim
Department of Comparative Medicine, Johns Hopkins Hospital, 600 N Wolfe Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Comp Med 53:532-8. 2003....
- Endometrial-type cells in cervico-vaginal smears: clinical significance and cytopathologic correlatesBaktiar O Karim
John K Frost Cytopathology Laboratory, Department of Pathology, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21287 6417, USA
Diagn Cytopathol 26:123-7. 2002..The presence of cytologic atypia and/or diathesis is additionally helpful for the diagnosis of EACA...
- Short telomeres and ataxia-telangiectasia mutated deficiency cooperatively increase telomere dysfunction and suppress tumorigenesisLing Qi
Departments of Molecular Biology and Genetics, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Cancer Res 63:8188-96. 2003..We propose that Atm protects short telomeres and that Atm deficiency cooperates with short telomeres, leading to increased cell death, decreased tumorigenesis, and increased overall survival...
- Hepatic calodium hepaticum (Nematoda) infection in a zoo colony of black-tailed prairie dogs (Cynomys ludovicianus)Jennifer A Landolfi
Department of Comparative Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Room 835, Broadway Research Building, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Zoo Wildl Med 34:371-4. 2003..Wild rodent control is essential to minimize exposure of susceptible exhibition animals as well as humans to C. hepaticum...
- Abnormalities in cartilage and bone development in the Apert syndrome FGFR2(+/S252W) mouseYingli Wang
Institute of Genetic Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 733 North Broadway, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Development 132:3537-48. 2005..Our results suggest that altered cartilage and bone development play a significant role in the pathogenesis of the Apert syndrome phenotype...
- Growth and Inhibition of Colorectal TumorsBaktiar Karim; Fiscal Year: 2007..David L. Huso, Comparative Medicine with support from Drs. Bert Vogelstein and Kenneth Kinzler, Oncology. In this rich training environment, the award would support the candidate in establishing himself as an independent researcher. ..