J M Jennings
Affiliation: Johns Hopkins University
- Are social organizational factors independently associated with a current bacterial sexually transmitted infection among urban adolescents and young adults?Jacky M Jennings
Center for Child and Community Health Research CCHR, Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Bayview Medical Center, 5200 Eastern Ave, Mason F Lord Building, Center Tower Ste 4200, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA Department of Epidemiology, Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, 615 N Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA Electronic address
Soc Sci Med 118:52-60. 2014..The findings suggest that neighborhood social organizational factors such as informal social control have an independent relationship with sexual health among U.S. urban youth. The causality of the relationship remains to be determined. ..
- Neighborhood alcohol outlets and the association with violent crime in one mid-Atlantic City: the implications for zoning policyJacky M Jennings
Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
J Urban Health 91:62-71. 2014....
- The spatial and temporal association of neighborhood drug markets and rates of sexually transmitted infections in an urban settingJacky M Jennings
Center for Child and Community Health Research CCHR, Department of Pediatrics, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Health Place 23:128-37. 2013..The findings suggest that drug markets and their associated sexual networks may extend beyond local neighborhood boundaries indicating the importance of including spatial lags in regression models investigating these associations. ..
- Neighborhood drug markets: a risk environment for bacterial sexually transmitted infections among urban youthJacky M Jennings
Department of Pediatrics, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Soc Sci Med 74:1240-50. 2012..Future studies should explore how conditions in areas with local drug markets may alter sexual networks structures and whether specific types of drug markets are particularly important in determining STI risk...
- Geographic prevalence and multilevel determination of community-level factors associated with herpes simplex virus type 2 infection in Chennai, IndiaJ M Jennings
Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Am J Epidemiol 167:1495-503. 2008..Future studies are needed to test mechanisms through which these community-level factors may be operating...
- The available pool of sex partners and risk for a current bacterial sexually transmitted infectionJacky M Jennings
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Baltimore, MD, USA
Ann Epidemiol 20:532-8. 2010..The objective of this study was to determine whether the prevalence of STIs among the available pool of sex partners in a neighborhood, measured indirectly, is an independent determinant of a current incident STI...