Affiliation: Johns Hopkins University
- Role of farletuzumab in epithelial ovarian carcinomaDanijela Jelovac
The Johns Hopkins Kimmel Cancer Center, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 1650 Orleans Street, Room 190, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Curr Pharm Des 18:3812-5. 2012..A second trial of farletuzumab with carboplatin and taxane in platinum-sensitive EOC in first relapse is slated to complete accrual in early 2012. Results from these trials will help define the role of farletuzumab in EOC...
- The adjuvant treatment of HER2-positive breast cancerDanijela Jelovac
Breast Cancer Program, The Johns Hopkins Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Curr Treat Options Oncol 13:230-9. 2012..5 cm (T1b). Second generation adjuvant studies with other HER2-targeted agents like lapatinib and pertuzumab are ongoing, and newer drugs like T-DM1 and neratinib are being actively tested in the metastatic setting...
- Inhibition of the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt pathway improves response of long-term estrogen-deprived breast cancer xenografts to antiestrogensGauri Sabnis
Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, University of Maryland Baltimore and University of Maryland Greenebaum Cancer Center, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:2751-7. 2007..We also compared whether combining wortmannin with tamoxifen or fulvestrant inhibited tumor growth better than either drug alone...
- The growth response to androgen receptor signaling in ERα-negative human breast cells is dependent on p21 and mediated by MAPK activationJoseph P Garay
The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Breast Cancer Res 14:R27. 2012..In addition, many breast cancers co-express other steroid hormone receptors that can affect AR signaling, further obfuscating the effects of androgens on breast cancer cells...
- Docetaxel followed by castration improves outcomes in LNCaP prostate cancer-bearing severe combined immunodeficient miceYao Tang
Department of Medicine, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
Clin Cancer Res 12:169-74. 2006..Thus, it may be therapeutically advantageous to target prostate cancer with chemotherapy before hormone ablation. This study was undertaken to determine the relative efficacy of such an approach in a preclinical model of prostate cancer...
- The ErbB3-binding protein Ebp1 suppresses androgen receptor-mediated gene transcription and tumorigenesis of prostate cancer cellsYuexing Zhang
Greenebaum Cancer Center and Departments of Pathology and Pharmacology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, 655 West Baltimore Street, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:9890-5. 2005..These findings suggest that Ebp1 is a previously unrecognized therapeutic target for treatment of hormone refractory prostate cancer...
- Recent progress in the diagnosis and treatment of ovarian cancerDanijela Jelovac
Department of Oncology, The Johns Hopkins Kimmel Cancer Center, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
CA Cancer J Clin 61:183-203. 2011....
- Single Copies of Mutant KRAS and Mutant PIK3CA Cooperate in Immortalized Human Epithelial Cells to Induce Tumor FormationGrace M Wang
Authors Affiliations The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, The Whiting School of Engineering, The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland and Department of Biochemistry, Aichi Medical University School of Medicine, Nagakute, Aichi, Japan
Cancer Res 73:3248-61. 2013..These results provide new insights into mutant KRAS function and its role in carcinogenesis. Cancer Res; 73(11); 3248-61. ©2013 AACR...
- HER2-directed therapy for metastatic breast cancerDanijela Jelovac
Breast Cancer and Tumor Immunology Cancer Research Programs, Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Oncology (Williston Park) 27:166-75. 2013..In this article, we review clinical data informing the effective management of HER2-positive MBC...
- Model systems: mechanisms involved in the loss of sensitivity to letrozoleAngela Brodie
Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Health Science Facilities 1, Room 580, 685 West Baltimore Street, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 95:41-8. 2005..The results suggest that achieving more complete estrogen blockade may delay development of hormone-independent signaling pathways regulating proliferation...