Affiliation: Johns Hopkins University
- Safety of trazodone as a sleep agent for inpatientsGeetha Jayaram
Department of Psychiatry, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Meyer 4 181, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Psychosomatics 46:367-9. 2005..In addition to a discussion of the history and physiology of trazodone and priapism, the authors present a profile of patients who present a safety risk in treatment...
- Identifying and reducing medication errors in psychiatry: creating a culture of safety through the use of an adverse event reporting mechanismGeetha Jayaram
Johns Hopkins Department of Psychiatry, Meyer 4 181, 600 N Wolfe St, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
J Psychiatr Pract 17:81-8. 2011....
- Quality improvement of psychiatric care: challenges of emergency psychiatryGeetha Jayaram
Department of Psychiatry Johns Hopkins Hospital, 600 Wolfe St, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Am J Psychiatry 165:1256-60. 2008
- Transdermal selegiline in patients receiving electroconvulsive therapyPamela J Horn
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
Psychosomatics 51:176-8. 2010..Concurrent use of monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) during a course of electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) is controversial...
- Major depression and the use of electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) in lung transplant recipientsGeetha Jayaram
The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Department of Psychiatry, 600 North Wolfe St, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Psychosomatics 46:244-9. 2005..Of those, two were candidates for ECT, and one received it. This patient's depression did abate with ECT. ECT, an effective treatment for depression, remains a treatment method of choice for depression in the posttransplant population...
- Steps in planning for changeGeetha Jayaram
Psychiatr Serv 55:261-2. 2004