Affiliation: Johns Hopkins University
- Use of case reports and the Adverse Event Reporting System in systematic reviews: overcoming barriers to assess the link between Crohn's disease medications and hepatosplenic T-cell lymphomaSaranya A Selvaraj
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 733 North Broadway, Baltimore, MD 21205 2196, USA
Syst Rev 2:53. 2013....
- Prenatal and perinatal characteristics associated with pediatric-onset inflammatory bowel diseaseSusan Hutfless
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Johns Hopkins University, 600 N Wolfe St, Blalock Building 449, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Dig Dis Sci 57:2149-56. 2012..The majority of studies that report early life risk factors for pediatric-onset inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) do not account for potential confounding, which can lead to spurious associations and incorrect inferences...
- Significance of prediagnostic thyroid antibodies in women with autoimmune thyroid diseaseSusan Hutfless
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 96:E1466-71. 2011..We aimed to assess whether females with Graves disease or Hashimoto thyroiditis are more likely than age-matched controls to have thyroid antibodies before clinical diagnosis and to measure the timing of antibody seroconversion...
- Predictors of early stent occlusion among plastic biliary stentsMouen A Khashab
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, 1830 E Monument Street, Room 426, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Dig Dis Sci 57:2446-50. 2012..A major disadvantage of plastic biliary stents is their short patency rates. The aim of this study was to identify predictors of early stent occlusion among patients receiving conventional plastic biliary stents...
- Enteral stenting versus gastrojejunostomy for palliation of malignant gastric outlet obstructionMouen Khashab
Department of Medicine and Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, 1830 E Monument Street, Room 424, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Surg Endosc 27:2068-75. 2013..The aims of this study are to compare the overall complication rate and effectiveness (duration of oral intake) between endoscopic stenting (ES) and GJ in patients with GOO and identify predictors of clinical outcomes...
- Pituitary antibodies in women with Hashimoto's thyroiditis: prevalence in diagnostic and prediagnostic seraFederica Guaraldi
Department of Pathology, Division of Gastroenterology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Thyroid 22:509-15. 2012..Pituitary antibodies have been reported with greater frequency in patients with Hashimoto's thyroiditis than in healthy controls, although there is significant variability in the strength of the association and the methodologies used...
- Novel candidate colorectal cancer biomarkers identified by methylation microarray-based scanningYuriko Mori
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 720 Rutland Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Endocr Relat Cancer 18:465-78. 2011..These potential biomarkers significantly discriminate CRC patients from controls. Thus, they merit further evaluation in stool- and circulating DNA-based CRC detection studies...
- Comparative effectiveness and safety of medications for type 2 diabetes: an update including new drugs and 2-drug combinationsWendy L Bennett
The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and The Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 2024 East Monument Street, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Ann Intern Med 154:602-13. 2011..Given the increase in medications for type 2 diabetes mellitus, clinicians and patients need information about their effectiveness and safety to make informed choices...
- Delayed and unsuccessful endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography are associated with worse outcomes in patients with acute cholangitisMouen A Khashab
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Medicine, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 10:1157-61. 2012....
- Serum anti-glycan antibody biomarkers for inflammatory bowel disease diagnosis and progression: a systematic review and meta-analysisAmit Kaul
Department of Surgery, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Inflamm Bowel Dis 18:1872-84. 2012..This meta-analysis/systemic review aimed to evaluate the diagnostic value, as well as the association of anti-glycan biomarkers with IBD susceptible gene variants, disease complications, and the need for surgery in IBD...
- A comparative evaluation of early stent occlusion among biliary conventional versus wing stentsMouen A Khashab
Department of Medicine and Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Dig Dis Sci 57:1708-16. 2012..The objective of this study was to compare the incidence of early stent occlusion (symptomatic occlusion/cholangitis necessitating re-insertion within 90 days) for wing stents and conventional plastic stents...