Chun Ju Hsiao
Affiliation: Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Effects of quality on outcomes in primary care: a review of the literatureChun Ju Hsiao
Department of Health Policy and Management, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Am J Med Qual 23:302-10. 2008..The limited available evidence suggests that higher quality in the personal aspects of primary care is associated with some but not all outcomes of care. Additional research is needed to define these relationships more clearly...
- The effect of disability on personal quality of primary care received by older adultsChun Ju Hsiao
Department of Health Policy and Management, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Disabil Rehabil 31:1835-42. 2009..A 'response shift' phenomenon may explain the lack of an observed association between persistent disability and personal quality of care...
- Morbidity and older persons' perceptions of the quality of their primary careEfrat Shadmi
Department of Health Policy and Management, Bloomberg School of Public Health, School of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 54:330-4. 2006..To quantify the association between community-dwelling older persons' level of morbidity and their perceptions of the quality of their primary care...
- Design of a quality and performance improvement project for small primary care practices: reflections on the Center for Practice InnovationJill A Marsteller
Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Qual Prim Care 19:49-57. 2011..Small practices often lack the human, financial and technical resources to make necessary practice improvements and infrastructure investments in order to achieve sustainable change that promotes quality and efficiency...
- A multicenter, phased, cluster-randomized controlled trial to reduce central line-associated bloodstream infections in intensive care units*Jill A Marsteller
From the Department of Health Policy and Management JAM, JBS, Y JH, C JH, PJP, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD and Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine JAM, JBS, CGH, PJP, DAT, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD
Crit Care Med 40:2933-9. 2012..To determine the causal effects of an intervention proven effective in pre-post studies in reducing central line-associated bloodstream infections in the intensive care unit...
- Health related quality of life in adolescents with abnormal bladder function: an assessment using the Child Health and Illness Profile-Adolescent EditionJennifer L Dodson
Department of Urology, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland 21287 2101, USA
J Urol 180:1846-51; discussion 1851. 2008..A reliable patient based method is needed to assess the impact of these conditions in children and the interventions used to treat them...
- A simple intervention promoting patient safety improvements in small internal medicine practicesJill A Marsteller
Health Policy and Management, Postdoctoral Researcher, Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, 433 Hampton House, 624 N Broadway Street, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Qual Prim Care 18:307-16. 2010..Some safety issues, however, may be easily and inexpensively addressed, given the necessary information on what is required...
- Clinical features of high-risk older persons identified by predictive modelingMartha L Sylvia
Johns Hopkins HealthCare, 6704 Curtis Street, Glen Burnie, MD 21060, USA
Dis Manag 9:56-62. 2006....