Clayton D Harro
Affiliation: Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Safety and immunogenicity of a novel Staphylococcus aureus vaccine: results from the first study of the vaccine dose range in humansClayton Harro
Center for Immunization Research, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 624 North Broadway, Hampton House, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Clin Vaccine Immunol 17:1868-74. 2010..In this first study of V710 in humans, a single 30-μg or 90-μg dose was more immunogenic than the 5-μg dose or placebo. Immune responses were evident by 10 to 14 days after vaccination in most responders...
- The immunogenicity and safety of different formulations of a novel Staphylococcus aureus vaccine (V710): results of two Phase I studiesClayton D Harro
Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Vaccine 30:1729-36. 2012..In conclusion, V710, both with and without aluminum adjuvant, and in both liquid and lyophilized formulations, was immunogenic within 14 days of vaccination. All treatments showed similar safety profiles...
- Refinement of a human challenge model for evaluation of enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli vaccinesClayton Harro
Department of International Health, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Clin Vaccine Immunol 18:1719-27. 2011..After the second challenge, participants exhibited blunted anti-LPS and -LTB responses but a booster response to CFA/I. This ETEC model should prove useful in the future evaluation of ETEC vaccine candidates...
- Safety and immunogenicity of the Merck adenovirus serotype 5 (MRKAd5) and MRKAd6 human immunodeficiency virus type 1 trigene vaccines alone and in combination in healthy adultsClayton Harro
Center for Immunization Research, Johns Hopkins University, Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Clin Vaccine Immunol 16:1285-92. 2009..Although small sample sizes limit the conclusions that can be drawn from this exploratory study, combining two Ad vectors may be a useful vaccine strategy for circumventing isolated immunity to a single Ad serotype...
- Safety and immunogenicity of adenovirus-vectored near-consensus HIV type 1 clade B gag vaccines in healthy adultsClayton D Harro
Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 25:103-14. 2009..Preexistent and/or vaccine-induced immunity to the Ad5 vector may dampen the CMI response to HIV Gag...
- Recruitment and baseline epidemiologic profile of participants in the first phase 3 HIV vaccine efficacy trialClayton D Harro
The Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Center for Immunization Research, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 37:1385-92. 2004..To describe recruitment and baseline epidemiologic characteristics of volunteers in the first phase 3 placebo-controlled trial of a recombinant gp120 HIV vaccine (AIDSVAX B/B)...
- Phase 2 study of an HIV-1 canarypox vaccine (vCP1452) alone and in combination with rgp120: negative results fail to trigger a phase 3 correlates trialNina D Russell
Program in Infectious Diseases, Clinical Research Division, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 44:203-12. 2007..We conducted a phase 2 trial to determine if a canarypox vaccine candidate (vCP1452) administered with rgp120 subunit protein would "qualify" for a trial to define a correlate of efficacy...
- HPV-16 L1 VLP vaccine elicits a broad-spectrum of cytokine responses in whole bloodLigia A Pinto
SAIC Frederick, Inc NCI Frederick, Room 120, Building 469, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Vaccine 23:3555-64. 2005....
- Placebo-controlled phase 3 trial of a recombinant glycoprotein 120 vaccine to prevent HIV-1 infectionNeil M Flynn
University of California at Davis Medical Center, USA
J Infect Dis 191:654-65. 2005..10, adjusted for multiple subgroup comparisons). CONCLUSIONS: There was no overall protective effect. The efficacy trends in subgroups may provide clues for the development of effective immunization approaches...
- Cellular immune responses to human papillomavirus (HPV)-16 L1 in healthy volunteers immunized with recombinant HPV-16 L1 virus-like particlesLigia A Pinto
SAIC Frederick, Inc National Cancer Institute, Building 469, Room 120, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
J Infect Dis 188:327-38. 2003..Future efficacy studies are needed to evaluate whether and/or how VLP vaccines confer protection against genital HPV infection and associated disease...