Ann C Halbower
Affiliation: Johns Hopkins University
- Sleep disorders in childrenAnn C Halbower
Eudowood Division of Pediatric Respiratory Sciences, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Curr Opin Pulm Med 9:471-6. 2003..Infant sleep rhythm complaints from new mothers reach 46%, while childhood obstructive sleep apnea has a prevalence of 2% and adolescent insomnia with daily consequences surpasses that percentage...
- Neuropsychological morbidity linked to childhood sleep-disordered breathingAnn C Halbower
Eudowood Division of Respiratory Science, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MA 21287, USA
Sleep Med Rev 10:97-107. 2006....
- Childhood obstructive sleep apnea associates with neuropsychological deficits and neuronal brain injuryAnn C Halbower
Department of Pediatrics, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
PLoS Med 3:e301. 2006..We hypothesized that childhood OSA is associated with neuropsychological performance dysfunction, and with neuronal metabolite alterations in the brain, indicative of neuronal injury in areas corresponding to neuropsychological function...
- Treatment alternatives for sleep-disordered breathing in the pediatric populationAnn C Halbower
Department of Pediatrics, Pulmonary Section, The Children s Hospital and University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
Curr Opin Pulm Med 14:551-8. 2008....
- Childhood obstructive sleep-disordered breathing: a clinical update and discussion of technological innovations and challengesAnn C Halbower
Department of Pediatrics, John Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
Chest 132:2030-41. 2007..This article reviews our knowledge of childhood SDB, highlights recent advances in technology, and discusses diagnostic and treatment strategies that will advance the management of children with pediatric SDB...
- Relief of upper airway obstruction with mandibular distraction surgery: Long-term quantitative results in young childrenSandra Y Lin
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, The Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 132:437-41. 2006..To evaluate the long-term benefits of mandibular distraction on sleep-related upper airway obstruction in young children with mandibular hypoplasia...
- Secondary narcolepsy in children with brain tumorsCarole L Marcus
The Eudowood Division of Pediatric Respiratory Sciences, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
Sleep 25:435-9. 2002..In view of the good response to treatment, we recommend that all children with excessive daytime sleepiness and hypothalamic damage be evaluated for narcolepsy...
- Adherence to and effectiveness of positive airway pressure therapy in children with obstructive sleep apneaCarole L Marcus
Division of Pulmonary Medicine, Sleep Center, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Pediatrics 117:e442-51. 2006..The objective of this study was to determine adherence and effectiveness of PAP (both continuous [CPAP] and bilevel [BPAP] pressure) in children with obstructive apnea...
- Behavioral training for increasing preschool children's adherence with positive airway pressure: a preliminary studyKeith J Slifer
Department of Behavioral Psychology, Kennedy Krieger Institute and Departments of Psychiatry and Pediatrics, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Behav Sleep Med 5:147-75. 2007..For the 3 children with home follow-up data, the parents maintained benefits. The results are discussed in relation to behavior principles, child health, and common barriers to PAP adherence...
- Sleep disturbance after rapid ascent to moderate altitude among infants and preverbal young childrenMichael Yaron
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Department of Surgery, Division of Emergency Medicine, Colorado Emergency Medicine Research Center, Denver, CO, USA
High Alt Med Biol 5:314-20. 2004..9 +/- 1.9) and the first night at altitude (29.4 +/- 2.5): p < 0.01. This sleep disturbance is most significant during the first night at altitude and may be similar to sleep disturbance with altitude exposure seen in adults...
- Pediatric home apnea monitors: coding, billing, and updated prescribing information for practice managementAnn C Halbower
The Children s Hospital and University of Colorado, Denver, CO, USA
Chest 134:425-9. 2008....