Laura N Gitlin
Affiliation: Johns Hopkins University
- Occupational therapy discharge planning for older adults: a protocol for a randomised trial and economic evaluationKylie Wales
Ageing Work and Health Research Unit, Faculty of Health Sciences, The University of Sydney, NSW, Australia
BMC Geriatr 12:34. 2012..This trial will also examine the cost of the intervention and cost effectiveness when compared to in-hospital discharge planning...
- Identification of and beliefs about depressive symptoms and preferred treatment approaches among community-living older African AmericansLaura N Gitlin
Department of Health Systems and Outcomes LNG, School of Nursing, and Center for Innovative Care in Aging, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 20:973-84. 2012..Differences between the depressed and nondepressed and men and women were examined...
- Introducing a new intervention: an overview of research phases and common challengesLaura N Gitlin
Center for Innovative Care in Aging, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Am J Occup Ther 67:177-84. 2013..Although interventions needed to improve the public's health are complex and funding lags behind, introducing new interventions remains a critical and most worthy pursuit...
- Nonpharmacologic management of behavioral symptoms in dementiaLaura N Gitlin
Department of Community Public Health, School of Nursing, Johns Hopkins University, 525 Wolfe St, Ste 316, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
JAMA 308:2020-9. 2012..Nonpharmacologic management of behavioral symptoms in dementia can significantly improve quality of life and patient-caregiver satisfaction...
- The Republic of Chile: an upper middle-income country at the crossroads of economic development and agingLaura N Gitlin
Department of Health Systems and Outcomes, School of Nursing, Center for Innovative Care in Aging, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Gerontologist 52:297-305. 2012..It reveals that there is a fundamental lack of adequate and depthful epidemiologic and country-specific research from which to fully understand the aging experience and guide new policies in support of health and well-being...
- A community-integrated home based depression intervention for older African Americans: [corrected] description of the Beat the Blues randomized trial and intervention costsLaura N Gitlin
Johns Hopkins University, 525 Wolf Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, United States of America
BMC Geriatr 12:4. 2012..There is an urgent need to develop and test new depression treatments that resonate with minority populations that are hard-to-reach and underserved and to evaluate their cost and cost-effectiveness...
- Community aging in place, advancing better living for elders: a bio-behavioral-environmental intervention to improve function and health-related quality of life in disabled older adultsSarah L Szanton
Department of Health Systems and Outcomes, School of Nursing, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 59:2314-20. 2011..To determine effect size and acceptability of a multicomponent behavior and home repair intervention for low-income disabled older adults...