Affiliation: Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Key considerations for preventing suicide in older adults: consensus opinions of an expert panelAnnette Erlangsen
Center for Register Based Research, University of Aarhus, Denmark
Crisis 32:106-9. 2011....
- Schizophrenia--a predictor of suicide during the second half of life?Annette Erlangsen
The Research Unit, Mental Health Centre Copenhagen, Bispebjerg Bakke 23, Bygn 13A, DK 2400 Copenhagen NV, Denmark
Schizophr Res 134:111-7. 2012..The purpose of the study is to examine whether older adults diagnosed with schizophrenia have an elevated risk of dying by suicide, examine trends by age, and identify predictors of death by suicide...
- Hospital-diagnosed dementia and suicide: a longitudinal study using prospective, nationwide register dataAnnette Erlangsen
National Centre for Register Based Research, University of Aarhus, Denmark
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 16:220-8. 2008..The current study aims to examine the risk of suicide in persons diagnosed with dementia during a hospitalization and its relationship to mood disorders...
- Suicide among older psychiatric inpatients: an evidence-based study of a high-risk groupAnnette Erlangsen
National Centre for Register Based Research, University of Aarhus, Aarhus, Denmark
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 14:734-41. 2006..The current study examines the characteristics associated with suicide among older adults who are admitted to a psychiatric hospital...
- Effect of assertive outreach after suicide attempt in the AID (assertive intervention for deliberate self harm) trial: randomised controlled trialBritt Morthorst
Research Unit, Mental Health Centre Copenhagen, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Bispebjerg Bakke 23, 2400 Copenhagen NV, Denmark
BMJ 345:e4972. 2012..To assess whether an assertive outreach intervention after suicide attempt could reduce the frequency of subsequent suicidal acts, compared with standard treatment...
- Early discontinuation of antidepressant treatment and suicide risk among persons aged 50 and over: a population-based register studyAnnette Erlangsen
National Center for Register based Research, University of Aarhus, Denmark
J Affect Disord 119:194-9. 2009..The study aim was to assess the risk of suicide in adults aged 50+ who discontinue antidepressants at an early stage of treatment...
- Psychiatric hospitalisation and suicide among the very old in Denmark: population-based register studyAnnette Erlangsen
National Centre for Register Based Research, University of Aarhus, Taasingegade 1, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Br J Psychiatry 187:43-8. 2005..Very old people have higher suicide rates than the younger elderly population. Psychiatric disorders are known to have a strong association with suicide among elderly people...