Daniel B Ennis
Affiliation: Johns Hopkins University
- Assessment of regional systolic and diastolic dysfunction in familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy using MR taggingDaniel B Ennis
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Magn Reson Med 50:638-42. 2003..03). The combination of CSPAMM and CAPTOR allows regional indices of myocardial function to be quantified throughout the cardiac cycle. This technique reveals regional differences in systolic and diastolic impairment in FHC patients...
- Evidence of structural remodeling in the dyssynchronous failing heartPatrick A Helm
Centers for Cardiovascular Bioinformatics and Modeling, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
Circ Res 98:125-32. 2006..Measured changes in both fiber gradient and sheet structure will affect both the heterogeneity of passive myocardial properties as well as electrical activation of the ventricles...
- Noninvasive measurement of myocardial tissue volume change during systolic contraction and diastolic relaxation in the canine left ventricleIgnacio Rodriguez
Laboratory of Cardiac Energetics, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, ational Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Magn Reson Med 55:484-90. 2006..The result supports the notion of high arterial resistance at the microvascular level from intramyocardial pressure during systole...
- Visualization of tensor fields using superquadric glyphsDaniel B Ennis
National Institutes of Health, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Magn Reson Med 53:169-76. 2005..Superquadric glyphs improve the ability to distinguish fiber orientation and tissue orthotropy compared to ellipsoids...
- Transmural left ventricular shear strain alterations adjacent to and remote from infarcted myocardiumAllen Cheng
Department of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305-5247, USA
J Heart Valve Dis 15:209-18; discussion 218. 2006..A better understanding of this process is important for the future development of surgical therapies to reverse destructive LV remodeling...
- Alterations in transmural myocardial strain: an early marker of left ventricular dysfunction in mitral regurgitation?Carl J Carlhäll
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Falk Cardiovascular Research Center, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305 5247, USA
Circulation 118:S256-62. 2008..We hypothesized that changes in LV transmural myocardial strain represent an early marker of LV dysfunction in an ovine chronic MR model...
- Electromechanical analysis of infarct border zone in chronic myocardial infarctionHiroshi Ashikaga
Laboratory of Cardiac Energetics, NHLBI, NIH, 10 Center Dr, MSC 1061, Bldg 10, B1D416, Bethesda, MD 20892 1061, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 289:H1099-105. 2005..This indicates that impaired function in the border zone is not contributed by electrical factors but results from mechanical interaction between ischemic and normal myocardium...
- Material properties of the ovine mitral valve anterior leaflet in vivo from inverse finite element analysisGaurav Krishnamurthy
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Stanford University, Stanford, California, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 295:H1141-H1149. 2008..This could have important implications, not only to our understanding of mitral valve physiology in the beating heart but for providing additional information to aid the development of more durable tissue-engineered bioprosthetic valves...
- Effects of acute ischemic mitral regurgitation on three-dimensional mitral leaflet edge geometryWolfgang Bothe
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305 5247, United States
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 33:191-7. 2008....
- Diffusion tensor analysis with invariant gradients and rotation tangentsGordon Kindlmann
Department of Radiology, Brigham and Womens Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 26:1483-99. 2007....
- Altered myocardial shear strains are associated with chronic ischemic mitral regurgitationTom C Nguyen
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305 5247, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 83:47-54. 2007..We tested the hypothesis that IMR perturbs adjacent myocardial LV systolic strains...
- Endocardial versus epicardial electrical synchrony during LV free-wall pacingOwen P Faris
Laboratory of Cardiac Energetics, NHLBI/National Institutes of Health, 10 Center Drive, Rm. B1D416, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 285:H1864-70. 2003..Assessment of electrical epicardial delay, as often used clinically during cardiac resynchronization therapy lead placement, should provide adequate assessment of stimulation delay for inner wall layers as well...
- Detection of myocardial capillary orientation with intravascular iron-oxide nanoparticles in spin-echo MRIAlexandre Vignaud
Laboratory of Cardiac Energetics, Division of Intramural Research, National Heart Lung and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892-1061, USA
Magn Reson Med 55:725-30. 2006..Preliminary results also demonstrate the feasibility of this method for in vivo application to rodent imaging...
- 3D breath-held cardiac function with projection reconstruction in steady state free precession validated using 2D cine MRIDana C Peters
Cardiac MR Center, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Magn Reson Imaging 20:411-6. 2004....
- Orthogonal tensor invariants and the analysis of diffusion tensor magnetic resonance imagesDaniel B Ennis
Department of Radiology, Stanford University, Palo Alto, California 94305 5488, USA
Magn Reson Med 55:136-46. 2006....
- Novel technique for cardiac electromechanical mapping with magnetic resonance imaging tagging and an epicardial electrode sockOwen P Faris
Laboratory of Cardiac Energetics, National Institutes of Health, NHLBI, 10 Center Drive, Room B1D416, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Ann Biomed Eng 31:430-40. 2003..This method holds promise for improving understanding of the relationships between the patterns of electrical activation and contraction in the heart...