Genomes and Genes
Eric M Cooper
Affiliation: Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- K63-specific deubiquitination by two JAMM/MPN+ complexes: BRISC-associated Brcc36 and proteasomal Poh1Eric M Cooper
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
EMBO J 28:621-31. 2009..Our results suggest that specificity for K63-linked polyubiquitin is a common property of the JAMM/MPN+ family of DUBs...
- Specificity of the BRISC deubiquitinating enzyme is not due to selective binding to Lys63-linked polyubiquitinEric M Cooper
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Bloomberg School of Public Health, The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Biol Chem 285:10344-52. 2010..Finally, we also show that Abro1, another BRISC subunit, binds directly to Brcc36 and that the Brcc36-Abro1 heterodimer includes a minimal complex with Lys(63)-specific DUB activity...
- Total synthesis of a functional designer eukaryotic chromosomeNarayana Annaluru
Department of Environmental Health Sciences, Johns Hopkins University JHU School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Science 344:55-8. 2014..The complete design and synthesis of synIII establishes S. cerevisiae as the basis for designer eukaryotic genome biology. ..
- The Build-a-Genome courseEric M Cooper
High Throughput Biology Center, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Methods Mol Biol 852:273-83. 2012..In this chapter, we describe the organization of the course and provide advice for anyone interested in starting a similar course at their own institution...
- Evidence for bidentate substrate binding as the basis for the K48 linkage specificity of otubain 1Tao Wang
Department of Biophysics and Biophysical Chemistry, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
J Mol Biol 386:1011-23. 2009..Bidentate binding may be a general strategy used to achieve linkage-specific deubiquitination...
- Polyubiquitin-sensor proteins reveal localization and linkage-type dependence of cellular ubiquitin signalingJoshua J Sims
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Nat Methods 9:303-9. 2012..We anticipate live-cell imaging, proteomic and biochemical applications for these tools and extension of the design strategy to other polymeric ubiquitin-like protein modifications...
- Assembling large DNA segments in yeastHéloïse Muller
Department of Environmental Health Sciences, Johns Hopkins University School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD, USA
Methods Mol Biol 852:133-50. 2012..In this chapter, we describe the assembly of 3-kb fragments with an overlap of one building block (∼750 base pairs) into a 40-kb DNA piece...
- Regulation and Proteomics of Polyubiquitin SignalingERIC COOPER; Fiscal Year: 2007..Specifically, the goal is to establish a paradigm for how these chains are recognized, what factors bind to them, and how such signals are ultimately turned off. ..