D E Clarke
Affiliation: Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Emergency department from the mental health client's perspectiveDiana E Clarke
Faculty of Nursing, University of Manitoba, Manitoba, Canada
Int J Ment Health Nurs 16:126-31. 2007..These issues are described in this paper along with clinical and systemic implications...
- Pathways to suicidality across ethnic groups in Canadian adults: the possible role of social stressD E Clarke
Department of Mental Health, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Psychol Med 38:419-31. 2008..Understanding ethnic differences in the pathways to suicidality is important for suicide prevention efforts in ethnically diverse populations. These pathways can be conceptualized within a social stress framework...
- Increased risk of suicidal ideation in smokers and former smokers compared to never smokers: evidence from the Baltimore ECA follow-up studyDiana E Clarke
Department of Mental Health, Bloomberg School of Public Health, The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
Suicide Life Threat Behav 40:307-18. 2010..Smoking cessation might be beneficial for some suicide prevention efforts...
- Apathy and cognitive and functional decline in community-dwelling older adults: results from the Baltimore ECA longitudinal studyDiana E Clarke
Department of Mental Health, Johns Hopkins University School of Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Int Psychogeriatr 22:819-29. 2010..This study examines the relationships between apathy and cognitive and functional declines in non-depressed community-based older adults...
- Apathy in dementia: clinical and sociodemographic correlatesDiana E Clarke
Research Division, American Psychiatric Association, 1000 Wilson Blvd, Ste 1825, Arlington, VA 22209 3901, USA
J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci 20:337-47. 2008..These findings have clinical and research implications...
- Ethnicity and mental health: conceptualization, definition and operationalization of ethnicity from a Canadian contextD E Clarke
Department of Mental Health, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 624 N Broadway, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Chronic Dis Can 28:128-47. 2008....
- Asthma and suicidal ideation with and without suicide attempts among adults in the United States: what is the role of cigarette smoking and mental disorders?Diana E Clarke
Department of Mental Health, The Johns Hopkins University School of Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 100:439-46. 2008..In addition, studies need to examine many common risk factors that may play a role in the association between asthma and suicidal ideation and suicide behavior...
- An appraisal of the psychometric properties of the Clinician version of the Apathy Evaluation Scale (AES-C)Diana E Clarke
Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and Department of Psychiatry, Baycrest Centre for Geriatric Care, Canada
Int J Methods Psychiatr Res 16:97-110. 2007..In conclusion, the AES-C is a reliable and valid measure for the characterization and quantification of apathy...
- Apathy in dementia: an examination of the psychometric properties of the apathy evaluation scaleDiana E Clarke
Department of Mental Health, Johns Hopkins School of Public Health, Room 802, 624 North Broadway, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci 19:57-64. 2007..However, from a diagnostic point of view, the AES-I provided the greatest sensitivity and the strongest positive and negative predictive values. Generally, the AES-S performed poorly compared with the AES-C and AES-I...
- Smoking reduction & cessation: a hospital based survey of outpatients' attitudesMargaret A Green
Outpatient Department, Health Sciences Center, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
J Psychosoc Nurs Ment Health Serv 43:18-25. 2005..4. The lack of participation of mental health care providers in promoting smoking cessation is a complex issue...
- Relationship-based support for women living with serious mental illnessWanda M Chernomas
Faculty of Nursing, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada wanda
Issues Ment Health Nurs 29:437-53. 2008..Participants conveyed a sense of wanting relational reciprocity as they talked about their relationships and place within the community...
- Education to improve the triage of mental health patients in general hospital emergency departmentsDiana E Clarke
University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB, Canada R3T 2N2
Accid Emerg Nurs 14:210-8. 2006..The project was successful in increasing collaboration between the two departments and has resulted in enhanced, on-going mental health education for ED nurses...
- Differential experiences during the holocaust and suicidal ideation in older adults in treatment for depressionDiana E Clarke
University of Toronto and Baycrest Centre for Geriatric Care, Ontario, Canada
J Trauma Stress 19:417-23. 2006..The results are applicable to survivors of similar atrocities and show that differing types and severities of traumatic experiences have important implications for treatment planning...
- Triaging suicidal patients: sifting through the evidenceDiana E Clarke
Faculty of Nursing, University of Manitoba, Health Sciences Centre, Bannatyne Avenue, Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Int Emerg Nurs 16:165-74. 2008....
- Holocaust experience and suicidal ideation in high-risk older adultsDiana E Clarke
Department of Psychiatry, Room 4W04, Baycrest Centre for Geriatric Care, 3560 Bathurst Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M6A 2E1
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 12:65-74. 2004..The authors examined the impact of past exposure to the Nazi Holocaust on the development of suicidal ideation in a sample of depressed older adults...
- Quality practice. Psychiatric nurses in hospital emergency departmentsDiana E Clarke
Program Development and Evaluation, Adult Mental Health, Health Sciences Centre, Faculty of Nursing, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba
Can Nurse 98:23-6. 2002