Patricia P Chang
Affiliation: Johns Hopkins University
- Anger in young men and subsequent premature cardiovascular disease: the precursors studyPatricia P Chang
Department of Medicine, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Arch Intern Med 162:901-6. 2002..Anger can trigger myocardial ischemia and may be an independent risk factor for coronary heart disease, but its effect on early compared with late onset of disease is unclear...
- Postoperative ventricular function and cardiac enzymes after on-pump versus off-pump CABG surgeryPatricia P Chang
Department of From the Departments of Medicine, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Am J Cardiol 89:1107-10. 2002
- Mild vs severe pulmonary hypertension before heart transplantation: different effects on posttransplantation pulmonary hypertension and mortalityPatricia P Chang
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
J Heart Lung Transplant 24:998-1007. 2005..Pulmonary hypertension (PH) is common in severe heart failure, but the effect of mild PH on posttransplantation PH and survival after heart transplantation has not been well described...
- Reduced kidney function as a risk factor for incident heart failure: the atherosclerosis risk in communities (ARIC) studyAnna Kottgen
Department of Epidemiology, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 18:1307-15. 2007..In summary, middle-aged adults with moderately/severely reduced kidney function are at high risk for developing HF...
- The association of hemoglobin a1c with incident heart failure among people without diabetes: the atherosclerosis risk in communities studyKunihiro Matsushita
Department of Epidemiology, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Diabetes 59:2020-6. 2010..This study sought to investigate an association of HbA1c (A1C) with incident heart failure among individuals without diabetes and compare it to fasting glucose...
- Improving quality of life after cardiogenic shock: do more revascularization!E Magnus Ohman
J Am Coll Cardiol 46:274-6. 2005
- Heart failure incidence and survival (from the Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities study)Laura R Loehr
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Am J Cardiol 101:1016-22. 2008..The greater HF incidence in African-Americans than in Caucasians is largely explained by African-Americans' greater levels of atherosclerotic risk factors...