Patricia P Chang
Affiliation: Johns Hopkins University
- Anger in young men and subsequent premature cardiovascular disease: the precursors studyPatricia P Chang
Department of Medicine, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Arch Intern Med 162:901-6. 2002..Anger can trigger myocardial ischemia and may be an independent risk factor for coronary heart disease, but its effect on early compared with late onset of disease is unclear...
- Postoperative ventricular function and cardiac enzymes after on-pump versus off-pump CABG surgeryPatricia P Chang
Department of From the Departments of Medicine, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Am J Cardiol 89:1107-10. 2002
- Mild vs severe pulmonary hypertension before heart transplantation: different effects on posttransplantation pulmonary hypertension and mortalityPatricia P Chang
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
J Heart Lung Transplant 24:998-1007. 2005..Pulmonary hypertension (PH) is common in severe heart failure, but the effect of mild PH on posttransplantation PH and survival after heart transplantation has not been well described...
- Reduced kidney function as a risk factor for incident heart failure: the atherosclerosis risk in communities (ARIC) studyAnna Kottgen
Department of Epidemiology, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 18:1307-15. 2007..In summary, middle-aged adults with moderately/severely reduced kidney function are at high risk for developing HF...
- The association of hemoglobin a1c with incident heart failure among people without diabetes: the atherosclerosis risk in communities studyKunihiro Matsushita
Department of Epidemiology, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Diabetes 59:2020-6. 2010..This study sought to investigate an association of HbA1c (A1C) with incident heart failure among individuals without diabetes and compare it to fasting glucose...
- Heart failure with preserved ejection fraction: an ongoing enigmaLisa J Rose-Jones
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 160 Dental Circle, 6th Floor Burnett Womack Building, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7075, USA
Cardiol Clin 32:151-61, ix-x. 2014..Current practice guidelines focus on remedying volume overload, aggressively controlling hypertension, and treatment of comorbid conditions that contribute to decompensation. ..
- The role of heart failure pharmacotherapy after left ventricular assist device supportJohn J Rommel
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 160 Dental Circle, 6th Floor Burnett Womack Building, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7075, USA
Heart Fail Clin 10:653-60. 2014..This article reviews the current literature for medical heart failure therapy in LVAD patients, and possible future treatment strategies. ..
- Improving quality of life after cardiogenic shock: do more revascularization!E Magnus Ohman
J Am Coll Cardiol 46:274-6. 2005
- Heart failure incidence and survival (from the Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities study)Laura R Loehr
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Am J Cardiol 101:1016-22. 2008..The greater HF incidence in African-Americans than in Caucasians is largely explained by African-Americans' greater levels of atherosclerotic risk factors...