Affiliation: Johns Hopkins University
- Windup in dorsal horn neurons is modulated by endogenous spinal mu-opioid mechanismsYun Guan
Department ofAnesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Neurosci 26:4298-307. 2006..However, MORs may play an important role in endogenous inhibitory mechanisms that regulate the development of spinal neuronal sensitization...
- Effects of soy diet on inflammation-induced primary and secondary hyperalgesia in ratJasenka Borzan
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, The Johns Hopkins University, USA
Eur J Pain 14:792-8. 2010..Soy diet did not affect any of the outcome measures after the intra-articular injection of CFA. Our results suggest that a soy diet significantly decreases aspects of inflammation-induced primary, but not secondary, hyperalgesia in rats...
- A role for acid-sensing ion channel 3, but not acid-sensing ion channel 2, in sensing dynamic mechanical stimuliJasenka Borzan
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Anesthesiology 113:647-54. 2010....
- A role for nociceptive, myelinated nerve fibers in itch sensationMatthias Ringkamp
Department of Neurosurgery, School of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
J Neurosci 31:14841-9. 2011..These findings demonstrate that activity in nociceptive, myelinated afferents contributes to cowhage-induced sensations, and that nonhistaminergic itch is mediated through activity in both unmyelinated and myelinated afferents...
- Lumbar sympathectomy attenuates cold allodynia but not mechanical allodynia and hyperalgesia in rats with spared nerve injuryChengshui Zhao
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
J Pain 8:931-7. 2007..However, the sympathetic nervous system may be involved, in part, in the mechanisms of cold allodynia in the SNI model...
- A role for polymodal C-fiber afferents in nonhistaminergic itchLisa M Johanek
Department of Neurosurgery, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
J Neurosci 28:7659-69. 2008..A subset of QC fibers exhibited high-frequency intraburst discharges ( approximately 30 Hz). These results suggest multiple mechanisms by which CMHs may encode itch to cowhage as well as pain to mechanical and heat stimuli...
- Conduction properties distinguish unmyelinated sympathetic efferent fibers and unmyelinated primary afferent fibers in the monkeyMatthias Ringkamp
Department of Neurosurgery, School of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e9076. 2010..We sought a criterion based on conduction properties for distinguishing sympathetic efferents and unmyelinated, primary afferents in peripheral nerves...
- Mitochondrial dysfunction in distal axons contributes to human immunodeficiency virus sensory neuropathyHelmar C Lehmann
Department of Neurology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
Ann Neurol 69:100-10. 2011....