Ivan M Borrello
Affiliation: Johns Hopkins University
- Cancer vaccines for hematologic malignanciesIvan M Borrello
Department of Oncology at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Cancer Control 9:138-51. 2002..Due to their unique characteristics, hematologic malignancies represent an ideal target for vaccine-based therapeutic interventions...
- Extra-lymphatic solid tumor growth is not immunologically ignored and results in early induction of antigen-specific T-cell anergy: dominant role of cross-tolerance to tumor antigensAlex Cuenca
Department of Interdisciplinary Oncology, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute at the University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
Cancer Res 63:9007-15. 2003....
- Can we change the disease biology of multiple myeloma?Ivan Borrello
The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Leuk Res 36:S3-12. 2012....
- Graft-versus-host reactions and the effectiveness of donor lymphocyte infusionsCarol Ann Huff
Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 12:414-21. 2006..However, with the exception of CML, most patients die of their underlying disease because of insufficient antitumor activity even with active GVHD...
- Induction of autologous graft-versus-host disease: results of a randomized prospective clinical trial in patients with poor risk lymphomaJavier Bolaños-Meade
George W Santos Bone Marrow Transplant Service, Department of Oncology, The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins, Baltimore, Maryland 21231, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 13:1185-91. 2007..The administration of oral cyclosporine followed by interleukin-2 and gamma-interferon is generally not well tolerated, and does not appear to be an effective method to induce autologous GVHD in patients receiving autologous PBSC grafts...
- Granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF)-secreting cellular immunotherapy in combination with autologous stem cell transplantation (ASCT) as postremission therapy for acute myeloid leukemia (AML)Ivan M Borrello
The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Blood 114:1736-45. 2009..In conclusion, immunotherapy in combination with primed lymphocytes and autologous stem cell transplantation shows encouraging signals of potential activity in acute myeloid leukemia (ClinicalTrials.gov: NCT00116467)...
- The role of myeloid suppressor cells in tumor-specific toleranceIvan M Borrello; Fiscal Year: 2010..Lastly, we will attempt to develop strategies to reduce MSC function in the transplant setting through the use of Viagra and related drugs based on our recent observations that these drugs can effectively inhibit MSC function. ..