Affiliation: Johns Hopkins University
- Independent association of anti-beta(2)-glycoprotein I antibodies with macrovascular disease and mortality in scleroderma patientsFrancesco Boin
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
Arthritis Rheum 60:2480-9. 2009..This study was undertaken to investigate whether anti-beta2GPI and aCL are correlated with macrovascular disease, including ischemic digital loss and PAH, in SSc patients...
- Evaluation of topoisomerase-1-specific CD8+ T-cell response in systemic sclerosisFrancesco Boin
Division of Rheumatology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 5200 Eastern Ave, Mason F Lord Bldg, Center Tower, Ste 4100, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1062:137-45. 2005..94%). This small-volume ex vivo assay may prove to be a sensitive and specific tool to assess disease activity and to monitor response to therapy in patients with scleroderma...
- T cell polarization identifies distinct clinical phenotypes in scleroderma lung diseaseFrancesco Boin
Division of Rheumatology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
Arthritis Rheum 58:1165-74. 2008..The aim of this study was to investigate whether a polarized T cell phenotype in SSc is associated with lung disease or other clinical manifestations of SSc...
- Scleroderma-like fibrosing disordersFrancesco Boin
Division of Rheumatology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 5200 Eastern Avenue, Mason F Lord Building, Center Tower, Suite 4100, Room 405, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Rheum Dis Clin North Am 34:199-220; ix. 2008..Rheumatologists must be able to promptly recognize them to provide valuable prognostic information and appropriate treatment options for affected patients...
- Efficacy of Rho kinase inhibitor fasudil in secondary Raynaud's phenomenonAndrea Fava
Division of Rheumatology, JohnsHopkins University School of Medicine, 5200 Eastern Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 64:925-9. 2012..This study evaluates the efficacy of fasudil, a RhoA/Rho kinase inhibitor, to reverse cold-induced vasospasm in patients with Raynaud's phenomenon (RP) secondary to systemic sclerosis (SSc; scleroderma)...
- Long-term experience of mycophenolate mofetil for treatment of diffuse cutaneous systemic sclerosisElizabeth N Le
Division of Rheumatology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Ann Rheum Dis 70:1104-7. 2011..Immunosuppressive therapy may potentially alter the natural disease course of scleroderma. There have been reports of using mycophenolate mofetil (MMF) for the treatment of scleroderma skin disease...
- Autoimmunity in systemic sclerosis: current conceptsFrancesco Boin
Division of Rheumatology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 5200 Eastern Avenue, Mason F Lord Bldg Center Tower, Suite 4100, Room 412, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Curr Rheumatol Rep 9:165-72. 2007..Perturbed B-cell homeostasis has been reported in SSc. If confirmed in-vivo, these advances could lead to new disease-modifying therapeutic strategies directed at SSc-specific immune effector pathways...
- Antibodies recognising sulfated carbohydrates are prevalent in systemic sclerosis and associated with pulmonary vascular diseaseThomas Grader-Beck
Department of Medicine, Division of Rheumatology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Ann Rheum Dis 70:2218-24. 2011..Whether patients with SSc develop antibodies to carbohydrates is not known...
- Resolution of pansclerotic morphea after treatment with antithymocyte globulinPhilip Song
Division of Rheumatology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Nat Rev Rheumatol 5:513-6. 2009..He also reported difficulties with swallowing and a 20 kg weight loss...
- Immunotherapy of systemic sclerosisRebecca Manno
Division of Rheumatology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
Immunotherapy 2:863-78. 2010..Clinical efficacy and safety of antifibrotic treatments (e.g., imatinib) await confirmation. Newer biological agents targeting key molecular or cellular effectors in scleroderma pathogenesis are now available for clinical testing...
- Increased serum interleukin-8 and interleukin-10 in schizophrenic patients resistant to treatment with neuroleptics and the stimulatory effects of clozapine on serum leukemia inhibitory factor receptorMichael Maes
IRCCS, Istituto, Fatebenefratelli, Brescia
Schizophr Res 54:281-91. 2002....
- Association between promoter polymorphic haplotypes of interleukin-10 gene and schizophreniaLuisella Bocchio Chiavetto
Genetic Unit, IRCCS S Giovanni di Dio, Fatebenefratelli, Breschia, Italy
Biol Psychiatry 51:480-4. 2002..Three functional haplotypes of the gene (GCC, ACC, ATA) have been described, derived from different combinations of three "single nucleotide polymorphisms" and directly related to the expression levels of the protein...