Dana F Boatman
Affiliation: Johns Hopkins University
- A pilot study transitioning children onto levetiracetam monotherapy to improve language dysfunction associated with benign rolandic epilepsyEric H Kossoff
The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD, USA
Epilepsy Behav 11:514-7. 2007..08). Seizures improved in five, decreasing from 2.7 to 1.0 seizure per 6 months (P=0.11). Results from this pilot study suggest that levetiracetam may have a beneficial effect on language in children with BRE...
- Quantifying auditory event-related responses in multichannel human intracranial recordingsDana Boatman-Reich
Department of Neurology, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine Baltimore, MD, USA
Front Comput Neurosci 4:4. 2010..Methodological considerations in the analysis of multichannel ECoG data, including corrections for multiple comparisons are discussed, as well as remaining challenges in the development of new statistical approaches...
- Cortical auditory dysfunction in benign rolandic epilepsyDana F Boatman
Department of Neurology, John Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore 21287, USA
Epilepsia 49:1018-26. 2008..To evaluate cortical auditory function, including speech recognition, in children with benign rolandic epilepsy (BRE)...
- Variability in cortical representations of speech sound perceptionDana F Boatman
Departments of Neurology and Otolaryngology, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Clin Linguist Phon 21:901-7. 2007..The clinical implications of these findings are discussed as they relate to current understanding of how individual differences in listening abilities are reflected in the underlying cortical representations...
- How accurate are bedside hearing tests?D F Boatman
Department of Neurology, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Neurology 68:1311-4. 2007..Sensitivity improved when bedside tests were combined with case history. The diagnostic utility of bedside tests routinely administered by neurologists to detect hearing loss in adults requires further study...
- Speech recognition impairments in patients with intractable right temporal lobe epilepsyDana F Boatman
Department of Neurology, John Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Epilepsia 47:1397-401. 2006..To evaluate speech recognition in patients with focal intractable epilepsy and surgical resections in the nondominant (right) hemisphere...
- Cortical auditory systems: speech and other complex soundsDana F Boatman
Department of Neurology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Epilepsy Behav 8:494-503. 2006..An integrated approach is proposed for future research on the neural bases of complex sound processing...
- Cortical sites critical for speech discrimination in normal and impaired listenersDana F Boatman
Department of Neurology, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
J Neurosci 25:5475-80. 2005..These results demonstrate that individual differences in speech recognition abilities are reflected in the underlying cortical representations...
- Cortical bases of speech perception: evidence from functional lesion studiesDana Boatman
Department of Neurology, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Cognition 92:47-65. 2004..Implications for recent developments in neuroimaging studies of speech perception will be discussed. This discussion will provide the framework for a developing model of the cortical circuitry critical for speech perception...
- Auditory processing studied prospectively in two hemidecorticectomy patientsDana Boatman
Department of Neurology, The Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
J Child Neurol 18:228-32. 2003..Hemispheric contributions to processing speech in noise appear to differ, with the left hemisphere compensating for loss of phonologic information and the right hemisphere compensating for increased attention demands...
- Landau-Kleffner syndrome responsive to levetiracetamEric H Kossoff
Department of Neurology, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Jefferson 128, 600 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21287 1000, USA
Epilepsy Behav 4:571-5. 2003..Levetiracetam should be considered as therapy for Landau-Kleffner syndrome...
- Electrocorticographic high gamma activity versus electrical cortical stimulation mapping of namingAlon Sinai
Department of Neurology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Brain 128:1556-70. 2005..We discuss the relative merits of these two functional mapping techniques...
- Human ECoG analysis during speech perception using matching pursuit: a comparison between stochastic and dyadic dictionariesSupratim Ray
Biomedical Engineering, Johns Hopkins University, 3400 N Charles Street, 338 Krieger Hall, Room 253, Baltimore, MD 21218, USA
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 50:1371-3. 2003..5%) to the one generated by the stochastic MP. However, the dyadic MP is computationally much faster than the stochastic MP...
- 'Auditory verbal impairment in a child with Rasmussen encephalopathy and recurrent seizures'John Freeman
Dev Med Child Neurol 49:717-8. 2007
- Assessment of right hemisphere auditory speech functionDana Boatman; Fiscal Year: 2006..Completion of this initial research project will provide the basis for future investigations. ..
- Complex Sound Processing in the Human Temporal LobeDana Boatman; Fiscal Year: 2008..Clinical implications include elucidating the relationship between temporal lobe representations of complex sound processing and individual auditory processing abilities. ..