Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Johns Hopkins University
- Liu S, Zibetti C, Wan J, Wang G, Blackshaw S, Qian J. Assessing the model transferability for prediction of transcription factor binding sites based on chromatin accessibility. BMC Bioinformatics. 2017;18:355 pubmed publisher..The prediction of TF binding is transferable across TFs and/or cell lines suggesting there are a set of universal "rules". A computational tool was developed to predict TF binding sites based on the universal "rules". ..
- Salvatierra J, Lee D, Zibetti C, Duran Moreno M, Yoo S, Newman E, et al. The LIM homeodomain factor Lhx2 is required for hypothalamic tanycyte specification and differentiation. J Neurosci. 2014;34:16809-20 pubmed publisher..These findings provide key insights into the transcriptional regulatory network specifying this still poorly characterized cell type. ..
- de Melo J, Zibetti C, Clark B, Hwang W, Miranda Angulo A, Qian J, et al. Lhx2 Is an Essential Factor for Retinal Gliogenesis and Notch Signaling. J Neurosci. 2016;36:2391-405 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that Lhx2 not only directly regulates expression of Notch signaling pathway components, but also acts together with the gliogenic Notch pathway to drive MG specification and differentiation. ..
- Clark B, Blackshaw S. Understanding the Role of lncRNAs in Nervous System Development. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2017;1008:253-282 pubmed publisher..Altogether, this chapter highlights the emerging role of lncRNAs in the developing brain and sheds light on novel, RNA-mediated mechanisms by which nervous system development is controlled. ..
- de Melo J, Blackshaw S. In Vivo Electroporation of Developing Mouse Retina. Methods Mol Biol. 2018;1715:101-111 pubmed publisher..This method can be utilized to perform gain of function or loss of function studies in the mouse. Experimental design is limited only by construct availability. ..