Allan J Belzberg
Affiliation: Johns Hopkins University
- Ronald Tasker Award: a novel model of neuroma painMichael J Dorsi
Department of Neurosurgery, Johns Hopkins University, Laurel, Maryland, USA
Clin Neurosurg 50:382-6. 2003
- Severity and duration of hyperalgesia in rat varies with type of nerve lesionMary Pat Lancelotta
Department of Neurosurgery, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287-7509, USA
Neurosurgery 53:1200-8; discussion 1208-9. 2003..The data support the hypothesis that inputs from the injured afferents play an ongoing role in neuropathic pain from nerve injury. Nerve ligation induces more severe and more sustained behavioral signs of pain than nerve crush...
- Surgical repair of brachial plexus injury: a multinational survey of experienced peripheral nerve surgeonsAllan J Belzberg
Department of Neurological Surgery, The Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287 7509, USA
J Neurosurg 101:365-76. 2004..The authors sought to identify and better define areas of agreement and disagreement among experienced peripheral nerve surgeons as to the management of BPIs...
- The tibial neuroma transposition (TNT) model of neuroma pain and hyperalgesiaMichael J Dorsi
Department of Neurosurgery, The Johns Hopkins University, School of Medicine, 5 181 Meyer Building, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Pain 134:320-34. 2008..The TNT model provides a useful tool to investigate the differential mechanisms underlying the neuroma tenderness and mechanical hyperalgesia associated with neuropathic pain...
- Mechanical hyperalgesia after an L5 ventral rhizotomy or an L5 ganglionectomy in the ratRishi N Sheth
Department of Neurosurgery, Johns Hopkins University, School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Pain 96:63-72. 2002....
- 3-T high-resolution MR neurography of sciatic neuropathyAvneesh Chhabra
Russell H Morgan Department of Radiology and Radiological Science, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 198:W357-64. 2012..The purpose of this case-control study was to evaluate whether a quantitative and qualitative analysis of the sciatic nerves and regional skeletal muscles increases the accuracy of MRN in detecting sciatic neuropathy...
- Nerve transfers for restoration of upper extremity motor function in a child with upper extremity motor deficits due to transverse myelitis: case reportMichael J Dorsi
Department of Neurosurgery, The Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Microsurgery 32:64-7. 2012..We propose that the treatment of permanent deficits from TM represents a novel indication for nerve transfers in a subset of patients...
- Dorsal rhizotomy for treatment of bilateral intercostal neuralgia following augmentation mammaplasty: case report and review of the literatureMichael J Dorsi
Department of Neurosurgery, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Microsurgery 31:41-4. 2011..This case provides anecdotal evidence that dorsal rhizotomy is a beneficial intervention for refractory intercostal neuralgia...
- "Can't walk nor raise arms to head": Harvey Cushing's surgical treatment of poliomyelitisCourtney Pendleton
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Department of Neurosurgery, Baltimore, MD, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 37:330-3. 2012..This study was a retrospective chart review for patients undergoing operative treatment by Dr. Harvey Cushing at the Johns Hopkins Hospital between 1896 and 1912...
- Sciatic nerve tumor and tumor-like lesions - uncommon pathologiesVibhor Wadhwa
The Russell H Morgan Department of Radiology and Radiological Science, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Skeletal Radiol 41:763-74. 2012..In this article, the authors discuss normal anatomy of the sciatic nerve and MRI findings of the above-mentioned lesions...
- Magnetic resonance neurography-surgical correlation of neurologic thoracic outlet syndromePearlene P Lee
Russell H Morgan Department of Radiology and Radiological Science, Johns Hopkins Medical Institution, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Microsurgery 31:662-5. 2011..The authors report the findings on 3 T MRN with surgical correlation in a rare case of neurologic TOS caused by anomalous costal pseudoarthrosis...
- Selective denervation of the levator scapulae muscle: an amendment to the Bertrand procedure for the treatment of spasmodic torticollisWilliam S Anderson
Department of Neurosurgery, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
J Neurosurg 108:757-63. 2008..The purpose of this cadaveric study was to explore a modification to the Bertrand procedure for the treatment of spasmodic torticollis, namely the denervation of the levator scapulae (LS) muscle for laterocollis...
- High-resolution 3T MR neurography of radial neuropathyNeda Faridian-Aragh
The Russell H Morgan Department of Radiology and Radiological Science, Johns Hopkins Hospital, 601 North Caroline Street, JHOC 3262, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
J Neuroradiol 38:265-74. 2011..This article reviews the 3 Tesla magnetic resonance neurography imaging of radial nerve anatomy and various pathologies affecting it with relevant case examples...
- Epidemiology of brachial plexus injury in the pediatric multitrauma population in the United StatesMichael J Dorsi
Department of Neurosurgery, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
J Neurosurg Pediatr 5:573-7. 2010..The aim of this study was to estimate the prevalence of brachial plexus injury (BPI) in pediatric multitrauma patients...
- Paraspinal nerve sheath tumorsMichael J Dorsi
Department of Neurosurgery, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, 600 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21287-7509, USA
Neurosurg Clin N Am 15:217-22, vii. 2004..quot; This article focuses on the characteristics of a few types of paraspinal tumors, with special emphasis on the management of nerve sheath dumbbell tumors...
- Harvey Cushing's innovative attempt at xenotransplanting a rabbit spinal cord in a patient after resection of a peripheral nerve tumor in 1902Hasan A Zaidi
Department of Neurosurgery and Oncology, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21231, USA
Neurosurgery 68:773-8; discussion 778-80. 2011..A review of Harvey Cushing's surgical cases at Johns Hopkins Hospital revealed new information about his early work using nerve xenografts to repair peripheral nerve injuries...
- MR neurography: past, present, and futureAvneesh Chhabra
The Russell H Morgan Department of Radiology and Radiological Science, Johns Hopkins Hospital, 601 N Caroline St, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 197:583-91. 2011....
- Computed tomography reconstruction artifact suggesting cervical spine subluxationDaniel M Sciubba
Department of Neurosurgery, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
J Neurosurg Spine 8:84-7. 2008..Clinicians should be aware of such artifact and how to recognize it when basing clinical management on such studies...
- Neuropathic pain after C7 spinal nerve transection in manZahid Ali
Department of Neurosurgery, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21218, USA
Pain 96:41-7. 2002..Only mild parasthesia persisted at a 1 year follow up. Thus, surgical division of a single spinal nerve in humans can lead to the development of neuropathic pain...