Affiliation: Johns Hopkins University
- Impact of an antimicrobial stewardship intervention on shortening the duration of therapy for community-acquired pneumoniaEdina Avdic
Department of Pharmacy, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287 5425, USA
Clin Infect Dis 54:1581-7. 2012....
- Management and control strategies for community-associated methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureusEdina Avdic
Antibiotic Management Program, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Department of Pharmacy, Osler 425, 600 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 9:1463-79. 2008....
- Sphingomonas paucimobilis bloodstream infections associated with contaminated intravenous fentanylLisa L Maragakis
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Hospital Epidemiology and Infection Control, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 15:12-8. 2009..These pharmacies should adopt more stringent quality-control measures, including prerelease product testing, when compounding and distributing large quantities of sterile preparations...
- What is the role of antimicrobial stewardship in improving outcomes of patients with CAP?Veronique Nussenblatt
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Infect Dis Clin North Am 27:211-28. 2013..This review summarizes interventions that may be promoted by antimicrobial stewardship programs to improve outcomes for patients with CAP...
- Antimicrobial prescribing practices in response to different Clostridium difficile diagnostic methodologiesEmily R M Sydnor
Division of Infectious Diseases, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 32:1133-6. 2011..In addition, a significant proportion of patients with confirmed CDI were not treated according to recommended guidelines...