Agnieszka A Ardelt
Affiliation: Johns Hopkins University
- Estradiol regulates angiopoietin-1 mRNA expression through estrogen receptor-alpha in a rodent experimental stroke modelAgnieszka A Ardelt
Department of Neurology, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD, USA
Stroke 36:337-41. 2005..We hypothesized that E2 protects brain in stroke through modulation of angiogenesis. We quantified molecular markers of angiogenesis and capillary density before and after unilateral middle cerebral artery occlusion (MCAO)...
- Localization of angiopoietin-1 and Tie2 immunoreactivity in rodent ependyma and adjacent blood vessels suggests functional relationshipsBrooke N Horton
Department of Neurology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
J Histochem Cytochem 58:53-60. 2010..No gross E2 effect on the ependymal pattern of Angpt1 IR or cerebral Angpt1 protein content was observed...
- Estradiol modulates post-ischemic cerebral vascular remodeling and improves long-term functional outcome in a rat model of strokeAgnieszka A Ardelt
Department of Neurology, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
Brain Res 1461:76-86. 2012..72 mg E2 pellets beginning one week prior to ischemia/reperfusion and continuing through the one-month recovery period results in augmentation of lesional vascularity and perfusion, as well as improved motor recovery...
- Estradiol augments peri-infarct cerebral vascular density in experimental strokeAgnieszka A Ardelt
University of Alabama at Birmingham, Department of Neurology, Comprehensive Stroke Center, 1813 6th Avenue South, Suite M226 RWUH, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Exp Neurol 206:95-100. 2007..Loss of estradiol may limit repair in the peri-infarct region by limiting angiogenesis, but functional significance in stroke recovery requires further investigation...
- Brainstem stroke following uncomplicated cervical epidural steroid injectionWendy C Ziai
Divisions of Neurosciences Critical Care, Department of Neurology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Arch Neurol 63:1643-6. 2006..Cervical epidural steroid injection treatment of radicular pain has become a common procedure...
- Applications and advantages of power motion-mode Doppler in acute posterior circulation cerebral ischemiaGeorgios Tsivgoulis
Comprehensive Stroke Center, University of Alabama at Birmingham Hospital RWUH M226, 619 19th St S, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Stroke 39:1197-204. 2008..We aimed to evaluate the diagnostic accuracy of PMD-TCD against angiography in detection of acute posterior circulation stenoocclusive disease...