Alicia I Arbaje
Affiliation: Johns Hopkins University
- Regardless of age: Incorporating principles from geriatric medicine to improve care transitions for patients with complex needsAlicia I Arbaje
Division of Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology, Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Mason F Lord Building, Center Tower, 5200 Eastern Avenue, 7th Floor, Baltimore, MD, 21224, USA
J Gen Intern Med 29:932-9. 2014..The article concludes with a discussion of practical aspects of designing, implementing, and evaluating care transitions programs for those with complex care needs, as well as implications for public policy...
- Postdischarge environmental and socioeconomic factors and the likelihood of early hospital readmission among community-dwelling Medicare beneficiariesAlicia I Arbaje
Division of Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology, Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Gerontologist 48:495-504. 2008..This study attempts to determine the associations between postdischarge environmental (PDE) and socioeconomic (SES) factors and early readmission to hospitals...
- The geriatric floating interdisciplinary transition teamAlicia I Arbaje
Division of Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology, Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, 5505 Hopkins Bayview Circle, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 58:364-70. 2010..Geri-FITT may be a feasible approach to enhancing inpatient management and transitional care for older adults. Further study of its effect on these and other outcomes in other healthcare settings seems warranted...
- Residential and health care transition patterns among older medicare beneficiaries over timeMasayo Sato
Peter Lamy Center on Drug Therapy and Aging, Department of Pharmaceutical Health Services Research, University of Maryland School of Pharmacy, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Gerontologist 51:170-8. 2011..To describe annual care transition patterns across residential and health care settings and assess consistency in care transition patterns across years...
- Implementing staff nurse geriatric education in the acute hospital settingV Inez Wendel
Division of Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology, Johns Hopkins University, School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Medsurg Nurs 19:274-80; quiz 281. 2010..The implementation and evaluation of staff nurse geriatric educational interventions on medical units in an urban teaching hospital are described...
- Prevalence, Geographic Variation, and Trends in Hospital Services Relevant to the Care of Older Adults: Development of the Senior Care Services Scale and Examination of Measurement PropertiesAlicia I Arbaje
Department of Medicine, Division of Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine Division of Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology, Baltimore Westat, Rockville, MD Department of Surgery, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH Department of Health Policy and Management, Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health Department of Community and Public Health, Johns Hopkins School of Nursing, Baltimore, MD
Med Care 53:768-75. 2015..The availability of hospital services for older adults nationwide is not well understood...
- Clinician roles and responsibilities during care transitions of older adultsNancy L Schoenborn
Division of Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology, Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 61:231-6. 2013..To identify the perceived roles and responsibilities of clinicians during care transitions of older adults...