M A Aon
Affiliation: Johns Hopkins University
- GSH or palmitate preserves mitochondrial energetic/redox balance, preventing mechanical dysfunction in metabolically challenged myocytes/hearts from type 2 diabetic miceCarlo G Tocchetti
Division of Cardiology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Diabetes 61:3094-105. 2012....
- Mitochondrial network energetics in the heartMiguel A Aon
Division of Cardiology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
Wiley Interdiscip Rev Syst Biol Med 4:599-613. 2012..Under severe energy crises, the network behavior of mitochondria and associated glycolytic and other metabolic networks collapse, thereby triggering fatal arrhythmias...
- The scale-free dynamics of eukaryotic cellsMiguel A Aon
The Johns Hopkins University Institute of Molecular Cardiobiology, Baltimore, MD, USA
PLoS ONE 3:e3624. 2008..We argue that the operation of scale-free bioenergetic dynamics plays a fundamental role to integrate cellular function, while providing a framework for robust, yet flexible, responses to the environment...
- Control and regulation of integrated mitochondrial function in metabolic and transport networksSonia Cortassa
Johns Hopkins University, School of Medicine, Division of Cardiology 720 Rutland Ave, 1059 Ross Bldg, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA E Mails B O R M A
Int J Mol Sci 10:1500-13. 2009..The approach we have used demonstrates how properties of integrated systems may be understood through applications of computational modeling and control analysis...
- From mitochondrial dynamics to arrhythmiasM A Aon
Johns Hopkins University, School of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, 720 Rutland Ave, 1059 Ross Bldg, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 41:1940-8. 2009....
- Redox-optimized ROS balance: a unifying hypothesisM A Aon
The Johns Hopkins University, School of Medicine, Institute of Molecular Cardiobiology, Baltimore, MD 21205 2195, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1797:865-77. 2010..The continuum described by the model has the potential to account for many disparate experimental observations and also provides a rationale for graded physiological ROS signaling at redox potentials near the minimum...
- Mechanisms Underlying Mitrochondrial Dysfunction in the Diabetic HeartNazareno Paolocci; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Mechanisms Underlying Mitrochondrial Dysfunction in the Diabetic HeartNazareno Paolocci; Fiscal Year: 2010....