Anika A H Alvanzo
Affiliation: Johns Hopkins University
- Race/ethnicity and sex differences in progression from drinking initiation to the development of alcohol dependenceAnika A H Alvanzo
Division of General Internal Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 1830 East Monument Street, Room 8047a, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 118:375-82. 2011..We examined whether a telescoping effect is present in the general population comparing race/ethnicity subgroups and comparing men and women stratified by race...
- A prospective assessment of reports of drinking to self-medicate mood symptoms with the incidence and persistence of alcohol dependenceRosa M Crum
Department of Epidemiology, Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
JAMA Psychiatry 70:718-26. 2013..Furthermore, it is not known whether these associations are affected by treatment or symptom severity...
- Reports of drinking to self-medicate anxiety symptoms: longitudinal assessment for subgroups of individuals with alcohol dependenceRosa M Crum
Department of Epidemiology, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Depress Anxiety 30:174-83. 2013....
- Association of comorbid generalized anxiety disorder and alcohol use disorder symptoms with health-related quality of life: results from the national epidemiological survey on alcohol and related conditionsBernadette A Cullen
From the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences BAC, RM, RMC, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD Department of Mental Health BAC, LNLF, CLS, RM, LRP, RMC, Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD Department of Family and Community Health CLS, University of Maryland Baltimore School of Nursing, Baltimore, MD Department of Behavioral and Community Health KMG, University of Maryland School of Public Health, College Park, MD Division of General Internal Medicine AAHA, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD and Department of Epidemiology RMC, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD
J Addict Med 7:394-400. 2013..This study investigated subtypes, or classes, of comorbid AUD and GAD symptoms, and assessed the association of class membership with health-related quality of life...
- Childhood abuse and neglect and transitions in stages of alcohol involvement among women: a latent transition analysis approachLareina N La Flair
Department of Mental Health, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 624 N Broadway, Hampton House 894, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA Electronic address
Drug Alcohol Depend 132:491-8. 2013....
- Intimate partner violence and patterns of alcohol abuse and dependence criteria among women: a latent class analysisLareina N La Flair
Department of Mental Health, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA llafl
J Stud Alcohol Drugs 73:351-60. 2012....
- HIV rapid testing in drug treatment: comparison across treatment modalitiesRobert P Schwartz
Friends Research Institute, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 44:369-74. 2013..On-site HIV testing is effective across treatment modalities for achieving high rates of testing and results feedback. All programs should be encouraged to adopt or expand this service...