Affiliation: John Peter Smith Hospital
- What could family income be if health insurance were more affordable?Richard A Young
John Peter Smith Hospital Family Medicine Residency Program, Fort Worth, TX 76104, USA
Fam Med 44:633-6. 2012..We estimated the effect on average family income if health insurance inflation matched the general inflation rate since 1996, and those savings were given to employees as income...
- Who will have health insurance in the future? An updated projectionRichard A Young
John Peter Smith Hospital FMRP, Fort Worth, Texas 76104, USA
Ann Fam Med 10:156-62. 2012..Private health insurance will become increasingly unaffordable to low-to-middle-income Americans unless major changes are made in the US health care system...
- Research participation, protected time, and research output by family physicians in family medicine residenciesRichard A Young
John Peter Smith Family Medicine Residency Program, Forth Worth, Tex 76104, USA
Fam Med 38:341-8. 2006..We examined the participation of family physician residency faculty in research, their protected time, and their research output and how these varied by program type...
- Research funding and mentoring in family medicine residenciesRichard A Young
John Peter Smith Family Medicine Residency Program, Fort Worth, Texas 76104, USA
Fam Med 39:410-8. 2007..This study's purpose was to measure the current status of research funding and mentoring in family medicine residencies and to ascertain what resources are needed to increase residencies' research output...
- Family medicine residency educational characteristics and career satisfaction in recent graduatesRichard Young
Family Medicine Residency Program, John Peter Smith Hospital, Fort Worth, Texas 76104, USA
Fam Med 40:484-91. 2008..Career satisfaction among family physicians has declined over the last 15 years. The purpose of this study was to determine what aspects of residency training are associated with family medicine career satisfaction in recent graduates...
- The influence of research compensation options on Practice-based Research Network (PBRN) physician participation: a North Texas (NorTex) PBRN studyRichard A Young
JPS Family Medicine Residency Program, Fort Worth, Texas 76104, USA
J Am Board Fam Med 24:562-8. 2011..To study the effect of two compensation approaches, continuing medical education (CME) credits (5 hours) or monetary ($150), on the participation rate of a physician needs assessment study...
- Factors influencing work interference in patients with chronic low back pain: a Residency Research Network of Texas (RRNeT) studyRichard A Young
John Peter Smith Hospital FMRP, Fort Worth, TX 76104, USA
J Am Board Fam Med 24:503-10. 2011..Chronic low back pain (CLBP) is a disabling and expensive condition commonly seen in family physicians' offices. A complete understanding of factors contributing to patients' return to work remains elusive...
- Levels of acculturation and effect on glycemic control in Mexicans and Mexican Americans with type 2 diabetesSarah E Ross
Department of Family Medicine, John Peter Smith Hospital, Ft Worth, TX 76104, USA
Postgrad Med 123:66-72. 2011..Acculturation of Mexican Americans toward the predominant American culture has been shown to influence health outcomes. Little is known about the role of acculturation in diabetes control...
- Self-reported racial discrimination, response to unfair treatment, and coronary calcification in asymptomatic adults--the North Texas Healthy Heart studyRoberto Cardarelli
Department of Family Medicine, Primary Care Research Institute, Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine, University of North Texas Health Science Center, 3500 Camp Bowie Blvd, Fort Worth, TX 76107, USA
BMC Public Health 10:285. 2010....
- Sun protection as a family health project in families with adolescentsRichard A Young
Department of Educational and Counselling Psychology and Special Education, University of British Columbia, Canada
J Health Psychol 10:333-44. 2005..Differences between families with focused and diffuse sun-protection projects are identified. Sun protection in families as one part of an array of family goal-directed actions and projects has implications for health promotion...