S W Evans
Affiliation: James Madison University
- Effective school-based mental health interventions: advancing the social skills training paradigmS W Evans
Human Development Center, James Madison University, Harrisonburg, VA 22807, USA
J Sch Health 70:191-4. 2000....
- Psychosocial interventions used to treat children with ADHD: safety and efficacySteven W Evans
Alvin V Baird Attention and Learning Disabilities Center, James Madison University, Harrisonburg, Virginia 22807, USA
J Psychosoc Nurs Ment Health Serv 46:49-57. 2008..Developmental issues that distinguish psychosocial interventions for children and adolescents are highlighted, and practical recommendations for collaborating with mental health professionals are provided...
- Safety and efficacy of psychosocial interventions used to treat children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderSteven W Evans
Alvin V Baird Attention and Learning Disabilities Center, MSC 9013, James Madison University, Harrisonburg, VA 22807, USA
Pediatr Ann 37:52-9. 2008
- Evidence-based assessment of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: measuring outcomesSteven W Evans
Alvin V. Baird Attention and Learning Disabilities Center, Department of Psychology, James Madison University, Harrisonburg, VA 22807, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 45:1132-7. 2006
- Development of a school-based treatment program for middle school youth with ADHDSteven W Evans
James Madison University, VA 22807, USA
J Atten Disord 9:343-53. 2005..Suggestions to guide future work in this area are provided...
- Measuring symptoms and functioning of youth with ADHD in middle schoolsSteven W Evans
Department of Psychology, MSC 9013, James Madison University, Harrisonburg, VA 22807, USA
J Abnorm Child Psychol 33:695-706. 2005..Implications for conducting treatment outcome evaluations of school-based treatment programs and diagnostic evaluations are discussed...
- Community participation in the treatment development process using community development teamsSteven W Evans
Alvin V Baird Attention and Learning Disabilities Center, James Madison University, Harrisonburg, VA 22807, USA
J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol 34:765-71. 2005..These methods are discussed in the context of successful collaborative procedures for developing and evaluating research-based treatments in practice settings...
- Implementing empirically supported treatments in the schools: what are we asking?Steven W Evans
Alvin V Baird Attention and Learning Disabilities Center and Department of Psychology, James Madison University, Harrisonburg, Virginia, USA
Clin Child Fam Psychol Rev 7:263-7. 2004..They present specific implications for future areas of research and the type of public education and marketing campaign that will be needed to create a demand for empirically supported school-based treatments...
- Dose-response effects of methylphenidate on ecologically valid measures of academic performance and classroom behavior in adolescents with ADHDS W Evans
Department of Psychology, James Madison University, Harrisonburg, Virginia 22807, USA
Exp Clin Psychopharmacol 9:163-75. 2001..Many adolescents did not experience added benefit with increased dosages, and in some cases they experienced deterioration. Guidelines for assessment of medication effects are discussed...
- Changes in caregiver strain over time in young adolescents with ADHD: the role of oppositional and delinquent behaviorSteven W Evans
James Madison University, Alvin V Baird Attention and Learning Disabilities Center, Harrinburg, VA 22807, USA
J Atten Disord 12:516-24. 2009..The objectives of this study were to identify the relationships between caregiver strain among parents of young adolescents with ADHD and child characteristics during a 1-year period...
- Efficacy of a school-based treatment program for middle school youth with ADHD: pilot dataSteven W Evans
School of Psychology, James Madison University, USA
Behav Modif 28:528-47. 2004..Description of the procedures is provided and implications for advancing school-based mental health care for adolescents with a diagnosis of ADHD are discussed...
- Funding a full continuum of mental health promotion and intervention programs in the schoolsMark D Weist
Center for School Mental Health Assistance, Department of Psychiatry, University of Maryland School of Medicine, 680 West Lexington Street, 10th Floor, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Adolesc Health 32:70-8. 2003....
- School-based interventions for adolescents with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderGeorge J DuPaul
Department of Education and Human Services, Lehigh University, 111 Research Drive, Bethlehem, PA 18015, USA
Adolesc Med State Art Rev 19:300-12, x. 2008..Limitations of the extant literature are identified in order to delineate critical directions for future treatment, development and research...
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder among adolescents: a review of the diagnosis, treatment, and clinical implicationsMark L Wolraich
University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA
Pediatrics 115:1734-46. 2005..The article also indicates that research is needed to identify the unique adolescent characteristics of ADHD and effective psychosocial and pharmacologic treatments...
- Developing School Based Treatment of ADHD AdolescentsSteven Evans; Fiscal Year: 2007..The results of this study will provide effect size data needed to project sample size for our clinical trial as well as generate hypotheses regarding treatment moderators and mediators. ..
- Developing Treatment for Older Adolescents with ADHDSteven Evans; Fiscal Year: 2007..Exploratory analyses of hypotheses related to potential moderators (gender, comorbid conditions, etc.) and mediators (medication usage, attendance, adherence, etc.) will be completed to inform future work. ..